The night before everything

In the Royal Woods cemetery, Lincoln is standing over a grave. On the grave it said, "In loving memory of Jayden Byron Carter - Gone too soon. 2000-2022.". 

"Hey, man. I'm back. Well, for a short amount of time, that is. I still miss you, man. You know, the way you went out was just... terrible. You had a baby girl and everything and she's not going to see her dad or ever know who he is and... it hurts. I wish I could bring you back, but I can't and that will forever stick to me." he said to the grave, "I met Josh and Marcus again and they're great like always. Well, it was great "meeting" with you again. This... this is the last time I'm visiting Royal Woods... EVER in my life. As long as I live, I will NEVER, EVER set foot in this town again. I love you, homie. You were like the older brother none of us had.".

"I miss you too, man." Lincoln heard a voice behind him. He turned around to see what looked like a ghost of Jayden. "Jayden?!" Lincoln said confused. "It's me, Linc. In ghost form." Jayden said, "I heard what you said, Linc. I miss you too, man. And about my daughter, I wish I could be there for her. I loved her more than anything else. She was everything to me. And for tomorrow, please put the Louds through hell." Jayden's spirit said. Lincoln smiled and said, "I will, man. For YOU. But also, for Akari, Lily and my mama too. I'll do it for your daughter too.". Jayden smiled and said, "Thanks, Linc. That means a lot and you don't know how much.  You be good, man. Peace.". He then held up the ✌️sign as he vanished.

It cuts to inside the Royal Woods church. Lincoln is sitting on a church pew and looking at the large cross in front of the church pew rows. In the corners of his eyes, there are the stained-glass windows. He can hear the organ playing in the background. He knows it's not Sunday, but he decided to go before the big day. 

He then put his hands together and prayed:

"Dear Lord,

Please help me win this case. Please help me defeat my foul excuse for a family. I need your protection and I need your strength, Lord. I also want to thank you for these wonderful past 6 months, Lord. I want to thank you for reuniting me with my mother, having me meet my maternal grandmother for the first time, introducing me to the true love of my life, I thank you for all of this Lord. Thank you. Amen.". 

"That was beautiful." he heard a Slavic accent tell him. He immediately looked to his left and saw a woman that looked a lot like his Aunt Krysia. She almost the same face, same body shape, same green eyes, same black hair, but her hair was in a bun, she looked a little more aged, and she was wearing a white dress. She had a smile on her face.

"Uh, t-thanks." Lincoln said. "You know your father and aunt would always pray with me a lot." the woman said. "You're probably wondering who I am." the woman said. Lincoln nodded. "Well, I have a surprise for you, young man. You ready?" she asked him. Lincoln nodded yes. 

"I'm your babcia." she said.

"R-really?" Lincoln said, surprised, realizing that the woman was his grandmother "Y-you're my babcia?!". The woman shook her head yes. "That's right, kochane. I am your grandmother Zofia." Zofia's spirit said. "Babcia!" he said with tears in his eyes, hugging her. He then realized one thing. "Wait, how am I hugging you? I thought you were dead; you can't hug spirits?" he spoke. "Oh, yes you can. Spirits have many abilities." Zofia said. "Really?" Lincoln asked. "Yep." Zofia said.

"Babcia... I have one question..." Lincoln said. "What is it, kochane?" Zofia calmly and quietly asked. "When you wanted something for yourself, like a little alone time, some cool and fun product or just even, I don't know, like love or attention that you want from other people, and did you ever get it by just adding a slight push, did it all come together to work against you and your life suddenly goes on a downward spiral?" Lincoln asked his grandmother. "Many times." Zofia said. "And when you did, did you ever blame yourself?" Lincoln asked. "I did. Like you, I admitted that it was partially my fault, but you know what?" Zofia said. "What?" Lincoln asked. "I learned to forgive myself. That's one of THE most important things a human being should learn to do, is forgive themselves. Because if you don't, you'll be holding all this self-pity, anger and guilt forever. It will stick with you for the rest of your life. You MUST forgive yourself, Lincoln, you MUST." Zofia explained. Lincoln sighed and just stood there quietly. Zofia took his hand and held it. "You promise me, Lincoln, that you will forgive yourself?" Zofia asked. Lincoln looked up to his grandmother and shook his head yes. "Yes." Lincoln said, quietly. "Good." Zofia said. 

"Babcia?" Lincoln asked his grandmother. "Yes? Kochanie?" Zofia asked. "Thank you for this. I needed this. I love you, babcia." Lincoln said. "You're welcome. It was wonderful meeting my wnuk (grandson). I love you too, kochanie. I love you too, Lincoln, my grandson." Zofia said as she kissed his forehead. They then hugged. Lincoln hugged his grandmother for a little bit with his eyes closed.

He then opened them to see that he was hugging nothing. The ashen haired teenager looked around and sighed. He then stood up and walked out of the church. As he was walking out of the building, he put on his pork pie hat and walked into the night.

[This song starts playing]

"I am a solider..." 

The 4 words he only spoke as he walked back to his hotel room, getting ready for the next day.

I'm a soldier, these shoulders hold up so muchThey won't budgeI'll never fall or fold upI'm a soldierEven if my collar bones crush or crumbleI will never slip or stumbleI'm a soldierThese shoulders hold up so muchThey won't budgeI'll never fall or...

They won't budge
I'll never fall or fold up
I'm a soldier
Even if my collar bones crush or crumble
I will never slip or stumble
I'm a soldier
These shoulders hold up so much
They won't budge
I'll never fall or fold up
I'm a soldier
Even if my collar bones crush or crumble
I will never stumble

End of chapter 86. Hope you all enjoyed! Peace!