Hello Tokyo

After what seemed like forever staring out the window and thinking about his dream, Lincoln decided to get his eyes off of that for a little bit. He needed something to drink. Thankfully, a flight attendant was walking by. As he saw the flight attendant with the cart come by his way. He decided to put his hand up to get her attention. The woman noticed this and said, "Yes, sir, what would you like?". "Just a water bottle, ma'am." Lincoln said. The flight attendant nodded, reached into her cart, pulled out a Fiji bottle and gave it to him. "Thank you, miss." Lincoln said. "You're welcome" she said as she walked away. 

Lincoln then took a sip and sighed. He looked at his mother who was still sleeping and smiled. He looked back out the window and took another sip of his water. He was getting a little hungry too. He needed a snack. Luckily, Suziko got a few snacks for them. He carefully and slowly reached under her seat, trying not to wake her up, and grabbed the bag. He saw Oreos, Nutter Butters, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Hershey's, Snickers, and a jar of various candies. He pulled out one of the Nutter Butter packages and put the bag back under his seat. He then opened the package and took out a Nutter Butter and ate it. He sighed as he slumped in his chair. He decided to look out the window a little more.

After a few minutes he heard a groan. He turned around and saw his mother just waking up. He smiled and said, "Hey, Mama". "Hmm? Oh hi, honey! How's my boy?" She asked in a tired voice with a smile on her face. "Honestly... pretty happy... relaxed ... I haven't felt like this in months." Lincoln said. Suziko was both happy and sad at the same time. She was happy because he finally felt positive, and she was sad because it's been a long time since he felt like this. He's truly been through a lot... like she has... and she REALLY doesn't want to think those times, she wants to focus on the present and future. Not only for herself, but for Lincoln too.

After stretching and popping a few bones, Suziko felt almost fully awake. She saw Lincoln staring out the window eating some Nutter Butters. "Hey, sweetie, what are you doing?" She asked. "Nothing, just staring out the window. I know it's nothing but ocean, but there's something about it that's just... relaxing." Lincoln replied. "Hmm..." Suziko said, "How much time do you think we have left, honey?".  "Around 2 hours by now" Lincoln replied. "2 more hours..." Suziko said. 

During those 2 hours, Lincoln and Suziko decided to watch another horror movie. After that, there was only around half an hour left. They decided just to play a few small games and then talk for that remainder of the flight. They finished up the snacks too. The flight eventually landed, and everyone got off. 

Lincoln and Suziko walked into the airport. "Welcome to Japan, Lincoln" Suziko said. Lincoln was very amazed. He had never been outside of a western country before. This was his new life from now on. Lincoln's new life. This was going to be a better one for him.  "Follow me." Suziko said. "Where are we going?" Lincoln asked. "We're going to my actual car." Suziko said. 

After walking out of the airport, they went into the parking garage. Suziko remembers parking on the first floor which is exactly where they were. She saw the car right across from her.

 She saw the car right across from her

Just picture the top is up. Who in the hell would leave their convertible with their top down in a parking lot? You're asking for crime, bro.

 "Wow. Very nice car." Lincoln said. "Thank you honey." Suziko said as they started walking. As they got up to the car, Suziko put her luggage in the back. They then both walked into the car. "Alright, Lincoln, I'm going to keep the top up because it's very cold this time of year in Japan." Suziko said. "I get it, Mama" Lincoln replied. "You ready?" Suziko asked. "More than ever." Lincoln said. "Alright. Away we go." Suziko said as they drove out of the parking lot.

Lincoln was amazed as he saw Tokyo at night

Is this a good or bad picture?

"Wow. This city is so beautiful." Lincoln said amazed. Suziko smiled at his comment. "It is, isn't it?" She said, "Your grandmother would always take your Aunt Rita and I out here. Before Rita became such a bitch..." Suziko said that last part under her breath. "What the hell happened to her? Must've been that Lynn guy..." She thought in her head.

"You don't live in Tokyo?" Lincoln asked. Suziko shook her head and said, "Nope. I actually live in a rural, isolated area, but it's beautiful. It's surrounded by mountains. I think you'll love it. It's in the Northern Alps." Suziko said. "Oh, so you live on a farm?" Lincoln asked. Suziko laughed and said, "No, silly. But where I live does have a lot of acres. Plenty of room. It may be quiet, but it's not boring. Why do I say it's not boring? Because I make the most out of it and there's a lot you can make out of it. Trust me.". Lincoln was looking forward to living in a rural area. It could be a new experience. They now just passed a sign that said "Leaving Tokyo. 東京を離れる".

To be continued...

End of chapter 10. Hope y'all enjoyed. And Happy New Year! Hopefully 2023 is at least a little better then these past 2 years have been. Man, I miss 2019...