Waking Up

It was 7 am. Lincoln was currently sleeping in a hospital bed. His mother was right beside him. The doctor walked in. "Ms. Tominaka?" He spoke. "Yes, doctor?" Suziko said as she got up from her chair. "Your son is recovering faster than we thought, but there are a few things I want to go over." The doctor said. 

"First is his body temperature. It was dangerously low. It was 92 degrees. He seemed to be in the second stage of hypothermia, but his temperature should go up easily in no time. Second is his lungs. His breathing was heavily affected. We may have to do more tests on them, but it looks like they should be fully recovered in about a month. Third is his skin. He was paler than ever before and there were multiple cuts and bruises on him. Some scars may take up to a year to recover, but most should be gone in only a few months, maybe weeks, while all of his bruises should be gone within a maximum of 2 weeks. I also suggest you take him in the sun and in outdoor activities lots and lots of time in the spring and summer. Fourth is his feelings. He got massive frostbite and while the majority of his body is still recovering, he may be permanently numb in certain areas of his body." The doctor explained to her. This was a lot for the white-haired woman to take in. 

"Any questions?" The doctor asked. "No, sir" Suziko said. "He should be waking up any moment now." The doctor said before walking out. Suziko nodded. Suziko then looked back at Lincoln. Thoughts were running through her head. What would he think when he saw her? How would he react to everything? This was not going to go smooth at all. 

She sat back down and just looked at him. After 5 minutes, she could see his eyes were slowly opening. She was excited and nervous at the same time. This was it. This was now or never. "Mmm... ugh... h... hello?" Lincoln asked in a groggy voice. It was clear he didn't know where he was or what was going on. He looked over to his left to see a woman in her 30s with white hair and reddish-brownish eyes in a red shirt with a brown unbuttoned shirt over it. She smiled at him. 

"What the hell? Wh-who are you? Where am I? What's going on?" Lincoln asked confused. Suziko sighed and put a hand on his shoulder. Lincoln looked at her. "Hi, Lincoln. Do you think you ever remember being locked outside and being accused of bad luck or jinxed?" Suziko asked. "Uuh... yeah? Why...?" Lincoln said. "Well, get ready, because I have lots and lots of things to tell you, my son." Suziko said. "Son?" Lincoln asked confusedly. Suziko nodded yes. Lincoln had wide eyes now. This definitely wasn't going to be easy.

To be continued...

End of chapter 4. Hope y'all enjoyed. Sorry if it was a little short.