Phone call

Somewhere in Poland

It is 7pm and dark out in the smalltown in the Warsaw metropolitan area. It is in a dark house with little to no light. A shadowy figure with a woman shape appeared and was walking. She started walking to a phone and started dialing on it.

In Sakura No Hana, Nagano, Japan

It was 3am and Suziko was sleeping in her bed. Her phone then rang, causing her to wake up. "Mm... hello?" the white-haired woman asked in a groggy, tired tone as she tried to keep her eyes open. 

"Hello? Suziko?" The other woman asked in a thick Polish accent. "Krysia?" Suziko said, "What is it?". "Hi, Suziko. I know it must be early morning over there and I am terribly sorry for calling you at this time, but there are some things that I need to tell you." Krysia said. "It is ok. You are my Sister-in-law and family is always important. Please tell me, what is wrong?" Suziko asked. "Can Marcel, Liliana and I please come over to your place for a few weeks? I hope you don't mind. If you say no, we won't bother you if you don't want us to." Krysia asked. "No, no we don't mind. Yes, you can very much come over. I hope Lincoln doesn't mind." Suziko said.

 Krysia gasped and said, "Lincoln's back?! Oh! I can't wait to meet him! I miss my nephew! Marcel and Liliana deserve to see their cousin." she said with a tint of an emotional tone in her voice. "He's back all right. He's where he belongs. At home with me. Family who actually loves him." Suziko said. "I heard what the Louds did to him. How dare they call themselves family?" Krysia said. "They're certainly not my family." Suziko said. "That is true... and speaking of family, I know you don't want to bring it up, but about Antoni-" Krisia was interrupted. "I don't like talking about Antoni." Suziko said. "Listen, I know he's your husband, but he's my brother and we have to talk about him someday." Krysia said. Suziko sighed and said "Ok... ok... you're right. We all have to open up. When are you flying out east?" Suziko asked. "February 10th. See you then?" Krysia asked. "See you then" Suziko said as she hung up the phone and went back to sleep. 

Krysia hangs up the phone and her mysterious figure walks out of the room. "Liliana! Marcel! Mam dobre wieści!" (Liliana! Marcel! I have good news!) She yells out in Polish offscreen.

WINTER SPORTS TRYOUTS

It cuts to Lincoln in the school gym wearing shorts and a t shirt. He asked his mom if could stay afterschool and she said yes. He was trying out for basketball and was nervous. He didn't know if he was good enough. Suziko was outside waiting for him. He had just finished. 

Suziko saw her son walk out the door. He was all sweaty. "Hey there, sweaty boy. How way tryouts?" She asked him. "Hard but worth it. I really hope I made this." Lincoln said, "Do you think I did?". "Honey, I saw you through the school windows, and I think you put your all into it. I think you'll make the team." Suziko said. Lincoln smiled at this.

It is now Friday in Lincoln and Suziko's house. Lincoln is nervously pacing the living room floor. He is pacing because today is the day of the results of who goes on the team and who does not. Suddenly, Suziko comes running in with an envelope. "Did you get it?" Lincoln asked in a jittery tone. "Yep" Suziko said, "Ready to open it?". "Yep" Lincoln said. Suziko exhaled and said, "Ok" as she started slowly opening the envelope. Her eyes grew wide as she saw the results. "What is it?! What is it?!" Lincoln asked nervously. "You... YOU MADE IT!" Suziko screamed in joy. "I MADE IT?! OH MY GOD I MADE IT! YES!" Lincoln said running and jumping around the living room. He then ran to his mother and hugged her. "I MADE IT, MAMA, I MADE IT!" Lincoln said happily squeezing his mother. "OH, I AM SO PROUD OF YOU, MY BABY BOY!" Suziko said, teary eyed and squeezing him back. They then broke the hug while still very happy. "I'm so proud of you, my son." Suziko said. "Thank you, Mama" Lincoln said. They then hugged again, this time, a softer hug. 

To be continued...

End of chapter 19. Hope you all enjoyed! Peace!