Akari's visit

It was Tuesday. It was the end of the school day and Lincoln was waiting outside on the sidewalk for his mother to pick him up. Little does he know that Akari is right behind him. The girl taps him on his right shoulder. Lincoln looks and see Akari. "Oh hi, Akari." Lincoln said. "Hi, Lincoln-San. I got a question." Akari said. "What's that?" Lincoln asked. "I was wondering if I could visit your place tonight. I called my mother, and she said yes." Akari said with a smile on her face. "Really? My mother is about to be here right now. I will ask her." Lincoln said. "Kay-kay" Akari said. 

After a while, Suziko finally drove up to the school. Lincoln and Akari walked up. "Hey Mama, Akari here was wondering if she could have dinner with us tonight." Lincoln said. "Oh, sure, I don't mind. It's nice having guests over." Suziko said, "Hop on in, Akari.". Akari squealed with joy and went to the back seat of the car. Lincoln then went in the front. "Arigato, Suziko" (Thank you, Suziko) she said. "Dōitashimashite, Akari" (You're welcome) Suziko replied. 

It cuts to them driving up to the home. "Wow, Lincoln-San. What a beautiful place you got." Akari said. "Thank you" Lincoln said as Suziko parked. As they got out of the car, Lincoln walked up to Akari and said, "Now, remember, Akari, I have family members over. They're my aunt and my cousins from my dad's side.". Akari nodded and walked in the house with Lincoln and Suziko. 

"Kutsu o nugu koto o wasurenaide kudasai" (Don't forget to take off your shoes) Suziko said as they walked in. She did just that. "Lincoln-San, where do I put them?" Akari asked. "Right here." Lincoln said putting his shoes down near the door frame. "Allow me" Lincoln said offering to put her shoes up for her. "Arigato" Akari said as she gave Lincoln her shoes. Lincoln put hers next to his. "Nante shinshi" (What a gentleman) Akari thought with tint red cheeks.

"Well, I am going to get started on dinner. I am making miso soup right now." Suziko said as she walked to the kitchen. "Alright, Mama" Lincoln said. "Wow, Lincoln-San... you got a nice home... very log cabin-y like." Akari said. "Thank you, Akari" Lincoln said. 

That's when Krysia walked in and said, "Hi, kochane. Who's this?". "Hi Aunt Krysia, this is Akari Nakamura. Akari, my Aunt Krysia." Lincoln greeted them to each other. "Nice to meet you, miss." Akari said to Krysia, shaking her hand. "Nice to meet you too, young flower. So, tell me, how long have you 2 been dating?" Krysia said. Lincoln and Akari both blushed heavily at this. "Uh, we're no-" Lincoln was cut off by his aunt giggling. "I'm just pulling your strings, kochane." Krysia said, "I know you 2 are friends..." she then walked away. "...for now." she said to herself with a smile on her face. 

"That was my aunt. She's a really sweet woman. She helped me with my sickness yesterday." Lincoln said. "Did she really?" Akari asked. "Yep." Lincoln said. That's when they heard the tune "Here comes the bride" on piano. They turned around and saw Krysia on the piano. Krysia noticed them and said, "Oh, don't mind me. I'll get out of your hair! Hehehe!" Krysia giggled as she left the room. 

That's when Liliana and Marcel walked in. "Hey there, Lincoln." Marcel said. "Hi, Linky" Liliana said. "Hey cousins. This is Akari Nakamura. Akari, these are my cousins, Marcel and Liliana." Lincoln greeted them to each other. "Hello there." Akari said. "Hey" Marcel said. "Hi" Liliana said. "Ooh, Liliana, I just want to say you have beautiful, luscious hair." Akari said. "Aww, thank you. I use L'oreal Paris for it." Liliana said. "L'oreal Paris? Why haven't I heard of that before?" Akari asked, "I will look for it the next time I go shopping. Thank you!" Akari said. "You're very welcome." Liliana said. That's when she put a hand on Lincoln's shoulder and spoke in his ear, "She's perfect for you." and left. That's where Marcel put a hand on Lincoln's shoulder and also spoke in his ear, "Make a move. Do it in the near future if not now." and also left.

It cuts to the dining room where Suziko is putting out bowls of miso soup down. She then calls out, "DINNER'S READY!". Everyone comes down. "Uwa ̄ , kore wa subarashīdesu ne, Suziko" (Wow, this looks great, Suziko.) Akari said. "Domo arigato, Akari." (Thank you very much, Akari) Suziko said. They all started eating. 

"Wow, Mama, this tastes wonderful." Lincoln said. "I know" Suziko said proud. "Mmm... I don't know if my soup can hold up to this." Krysia said. "Now, I wouldn't say that. I say both our soups are a tie." Suziko said. "You really think so?" Krysia asked. "Mmm-hmm" Suziko said. 

"Now, Akari, what do your parents do for a living?" Suziko asked. "My mother is a scientist, and my father is a company owner." Akari said. "Really?" Suziko said impressed. "She's one of the top nurses at the hospital" Lincoln said to Akari. "Wow" Akari said surprised, "Who knows? Maybe my mother can help your mother with medical stuff if they need more lab people there.". "Yeah, you never know." Suziko said, "So, what's your interest in a career?". "I want to be a mental health doctor." Akari said. "Really? Wow!" Suziko said. "She's the one, Lincoln" Suziko thought in her head. 

As the chat went on, they all eventually finished their dinner. Akari called her mom to pick her up. It was now 8:55. Akari's mother would arrive any minute now. Lincoln was waiting outside with her. "Lincoln-San, I just want to say thank you for tonight." Akari said. "You're welcome, Akari. I hope to do this with your parents too." Lincoln said. "Eh, my parents..." Akari said. "My mom will totally be ok, but my dad when he sees any boy I bring over... he's... how do I put this? Very overprotective." Akari said. "Trust me. I've met overprotective parents before. We're just friends. Tell him that because that's all we are." Lincoln said. "I will try." Akari said with no confidence in her voice.

A car then pulled up. "That's my mother. Bye, Lincoln-San." Akari said as she hugged Lincoln. "Bye, Akari." Lincoln said as he hugged back, "I'll see you at school tomorrow.". "See you at school tomorrow." Akari replied as she ran to the car, and they waved at each other. 

Lincoln walked in the door to see Marcel sitting on the couch. "You don't mind if I sit near you, do you?" Lincoln asked. "No, I don't." Marcel said, "You like the girl?". "Yep." Lincoln said. "I feel you. As someone who's been in a relationship, if you need advice, I'm there for you." Marcel said. "Thank you" Lincoln said. "No problem." Marcel said as they watched tv together.

To be continued...

End of chapter 29. Hope you all enjoyed! Peace!