Voting day

Saturday, March 25th. Voting is happening. While all the voting has been done, they were waiting for results. 

11:00 AM

Lincoln and Kenji in an empty classroom. 

"Hey, Lincoln?" Kenji asked. "Yeah, what is it, Kenji?" Lincoln asked looking up from his phone. "I was wondering, do you want to be my vice president of we win?" Kenji asked. "Um... I'm sorry Kenji, but I have a lot on my plate for that." Lincoln said. "Really? Alright. If that's the case, then I know just the person." Kenji said with a smirk on his face as he chuckled. "Ok, bud... you do... you..." Lincoln said as he looked back down at his phone.

1:00 PM

In the gym, Lincoln is talking with Leni. "So, yeah. That's what my journey has been so far." Lincoln said. "Wow, Linky..." Leni said. "Yep." Lincoln said, "That's what I've experienced.". "Your story is amazing!" Leni said. "Thank you, Leni." Lincoln said. 

That's when Shikimori and Izumi walked up. "Hi, Leni." Izumi said. "Oh, hi guys. Izumi, Shikimori, this is Lincoln. Lincoln, these are my friends, Shikimori and Izumi." Leni said, introducing them to each other. "Konichiwa." Lincoln said to them. "Konichiwa." Izumi said. "Wait, aren't you the boy who was kicked out of his own house for being considered "bad luck"?" Shikimori asked Lincoln. Lincoln sighed and said, "Yep, that's me.". "I don't mean to sound nosey or rude, but will you be going to court?" Shikimori asked. "I have to. It isn't really my decision to testify or not." Lincoln said. "When do you have to go?" Izumi asked. "June." Lincoln said. 

4:00 PM

Lincoln is talking with Akari in the empty cafeteria. "So that's why you must always find a hiding spot if you have 10 siblings." Lincoln said. "Sounds rough." Akari said. "It was." Lincoln said, "When you grow up with 10 siblings, there is not really much to do, you know? Like, almost everything is taken, and you have little to no options. You know what I mean? You probably don't because you only have 1 baby sister.". "I may not relate to you, Lincoln-San, but I can understand." Akari said. "Thank you, Akari-girl." Lincoln said. At that moment, he then thought of something and said, "Hold on, love.". He then put his hands into a praying position. "What are you doing?" Akari asked. "I'm praying that we win the next basketball game." Lincoln said. "You pray a lot?" Akari asked. "Yes, I do. Especially after all this bad luck stuff." Lincoln said. "Do you believe in God?" Akari asked. "Yes." Lincoln said. "Why?" Akari asked.

"Well..." Lincoln said, "If God isn't real, then real isn't.".

7:00 PM

It was in the auditorium, and everyone was there. It was now time to announce who the winner was. Kenji and Tomoko were up on the stage. Kenji had a small smirk on his face. Tomoko was weirded out by it. Principal Aoki then came up to the stage.  "Seito no minasan konbanwa kon'ya, rainen no gakkyū iin-chō o kimemasu. Sore ga darena no ka o shōkai shimasu." (Good evening students, tonight we will decide on next year's class president. I'll introduce you to who it is.) Aoki said. She then had someone hand her a letter. The principal then opened it and read it. She nodded as she closed it up and set it down. "Shōsha wa..." (The winner is...) Aoki said, "Kenji Nakajima!". The crowd cheered as Kenji and Tomoko both had shocked faces.  Aoki then walked off the podium and motioned for Kenji to get up. He did. Tomoko had a look that would kill if it could.

After walking up, he tested the microphone by tapping it and then said, "Kon'nichiwa? Kore wa kadō shite imasu ka? Gakusei-san kon'nichiwa. Watashi wa rainen kurasu iin-chō ni narimasu. Kongotomoyoroshiku onegaishimasu. Watashi wa atarashī aidea o teikyō suru no ga daisukide, tsuneni atarashī sōzō-tekina chigai ni taishite ōpundesu." (Hello? is this working? Hello students. I will be the class president next year. I look forward to working with you. I love to contribute new ideas and am always open to new creative differences.). The crowd cheered. "Dare o fuku daitōryō ni shimasu ka?" (Who do you want as Vice President?) Aoki asked. "Mō kotae ga de teru..." Kenji said, "TOMOKO SHINODA!". The crowd was silent for a little bit but then they cheered loudly. Tomoko just stood there shocked. Kenji walked to her. 

"Jibun?!" (Me?!) Tomoko said shocked. Kenji nodded. "Naze?" (Why?) Tomoko asked. "Watashitachi wa subarashī chīmu o tsukuru to omoukaradesu. Ato, otagai doko made gaman dekiru ka chōsen shitaidesu." (Because I think we make a great team. Also, I want to challenge how long we can endure each other.) Kenji said. "Hmmm..." Tomoko mumbled, "Ōkēcharenji wa ukeire raremashita." (Ok. Challenge accepted.). They then shook hands.

To be continued...

End of chapter 58. Hope you all enjoyed!

Peace!