Outcasts

It is now June 25th. Albert and Ema, Lincoln's family, Akari's family were all in different hotels in Royal Woods. No way they were paying for all that. Suziko allowed Lincoln to walk down the city without her since he knew this place his whole childhood. 

As he was walking, he heard a voice call his name: "Lincoln?". He turned around to see a 1 16-year-old teenage boy of African American descent with a smile on his face. "Joshua?" he whispered. They then ran to each other and hugged each other. 

"Josh!" Lincoln said happy. "Linc! My man!" Josh said, "Where the hell have you been?! I was looking all over town for you!". "I was in Japan!" Lincoln said as he broke the hug. "Japan? The hell are you doing in Japan?" Joshua asked confused as they started walking. "I live there now." Lincoln said. "Y'all moved to Japan?" Josh asked. "No... no..." Lincoln said, "My... my birth mother found me.". He then explained his whole story to Josh. 

"Really? That's fuckin' awesome, Linc!" I'm happy for you!" Josh said. "Thanks, man!" Lincoln said. They then walked behind a club to a basement bulkhead and walked in. When they walked in saw a boy of Caucasian descent who looked to be 15 years old. He also had some stubble. This was Marcus. Currently, he was smoking a joint. As they were both coming down the stairs, Marcus saw Josh. 

"Hey, what's up, man? Ho- Lincoln?!" He said, noticing Lincoln. "Ay, Marcus!" Lincoln said. "Linc!" Marcus exclaimed as he hugged Lincoln. Lincoln hugged back before they broke it.  "Where you been, man?" Marcus asked. "Let's go someplace else for this." Lincoln said. "Alright." Marcus said. "Let's go." Josh said.

It cuts to the boys on the roof of a building. In front of them, there was the nice part of Royal Woods. The happy and developed part of Royal Woods. Behind them on the other side of the building was the ghetto, not-so-nice part of Royal Woods. The dangerous and torn looking part of Royal Woods. That area is where Marcus and Joshua grew up in. Some people called it "West Detroit.". Royal Woods and Detroit were divided by 8 Mile. 

They grew up rough. They never knew what it was like to grow up nice in a middle-class suburban neighborhood. Josh's dad died when he was very little, and his mom is a pill addict and Marcus lived with his grandma and never knew his parents. They never knew what happened to them. Marcus and Josh met Lincoln shortly after Lincoln was betrayed by his friends and family. When they met Lincoln, they related to him in a way.  Because they were also looked at as outcasts. At that point, he had no family either. He knew their pain by being shunned.

As Lincoln was finishing up his story, Marcus said, "Damn, man. You found your birth mom. That's... great...". He was trailing off at the end of his sentence. He started looking a little sad. Josh had that same sad look, thinking about his mom. Lincoln knew why they were suddenly sad. He understood.

Suddenly, his phone went off. He picked up and said, "Hello? Oh, hey Akari. Yeah, I'll be there. Alright, koibito. Bye.". "Who was that, Linc?" Josh asked. "That was my girlfriend, Akari." Lincoln said. "Ooh, Linc, you got a girl?" Marcus said. "Yep. Her name is Akari. Come on, I want you to meet her." Lincoln said.

It cuts to Lincoln walking with his friends. Suddenly, Lincoln sees Akari. "Akari!" Lincoln said. "Lincoln-San!" Akari said. They then kissed. "Lincoln-San, who are these people?" Akari asked. "Oh, this is Josh, and this is Marcus." Lincoln said, introducing Josh and Marcus to Akari. "Hey." Marcus said. Josh just waved.  "So, you are Lincoln's friends?" Akari asked. "That's right." Josh said. "They were my only friends besides our whole group who all moved away." Lincoln said. "Didn't you have other friends too?" Akari said. "Before them? Yeah. Those were the ones who betrayed me. These guys befriended me after." Lincoln said. "Aww. That's so sweet." Akari said. "They're like Future and Cheddar Bob to me while I'm B-Rabbit." Lincoln said, which made Josh and Marcus laugh. "I don't get it. What does that mean?" Akari asked. "You wouldn't get it. It's from a movie you probably wouldn't like." Lincoln said.