Flashback

It is in Royal Woods at the retirement home. Albert Weber was sitting in his room. He was really thinking about leaving the place. He wasn't fully sure why he went there in the first place. Even after everything, he still does love Ema. And, of course, he misses Suziko. She was his daughter and he never stopped loving her. She was also his favorite. Easily. Especially after all this crap that's happened. 

Best picture I could find

Best picture I could find. Sorry if not that good. But, young 19-year-old Albert.

He remembers when he first saw Ema. 1975. He just got back from fighting in Vietnam. Albert was just 19 years old. (Before anyone gets onto me, I do not know how old pop-pop is) He went to war when he was only 15 years old when they were drafting. His ancestors fought for freedom in the Revolutionary war defeating the British Redcoats, his father fought off and defeated the Nazis, he grew up with the cold war growing hotter, he would do the same to help his country and other countries break free from totalitarianism. He loved America and freedom. He currently lived in El Paso, Texas. He lived there all his life and it was his birthplace. He was a Texas-bred. 

He was in the hospital. Why? Because he was still getting some of his bullet wounds treated. While all of bullets were removed already, he still had to go to the hospital every now and then to get his injuries checked and treated more. As he is waiting for results, a young doctor of Asian descent walks in. 

"Hello, there, I am doctor Tanaka, and I'm assuming you're the veteran who is here to get his wounds checked again, right?" The lady said

"Hello, there, I am doctor Tanaka, and I'm assuming you're the veteran who is here to get his wounds checked again, right?" The lady said. Albert noticed she had a Japanese accent. "Correct." Albert said. "Alright, follow me." Tanaka said. 

After following her, she led him into a room. "Where are we now, Doc?" Albert asked. "This is the x-ray room. All I need for you to do is take off your shirt and stand at the machine." Tanaka said. "No problem." Albert said as he did so. As he took off his shirt, Tanaka saw his abs, blushed and said under her breath, "Ōmai" (Oh my). He then walked up to the x-ray machine. Tanaka snapped out her trance and said, "Alright, now stay still.". "You got it, Doc." Albert said as he did what he was ordered. While waiting, Albert just whistled a little tune. After a little bit, Tanaka said, "Ok, you can step off and put your shirt back on now.". "Thank you, Doc." Albert said as did so. "Now, we are going to put fresh bandages on your wounds. Once that's done, you will either stay on the same medication or we will give you a lighter version of it. It depends on the results." Tanaka explained. Albert nodded. All he had to do was wait. He will admit, this doctor was cute. He admittedly had a liking to her. 

"Now follow me." Tanaka said. Albert did so. After getting fresh bandages and waiting for a little bit, they let him off the pills. Apparently, he was healing faster than they thought. Albert did have a strong line of healing fast. He was extremely healthy. As he was about to walk out of the hospital, he stopped and turned back around. He saw Tanaka. He walked to her and asked, "Hey, I didn't get your name.". "Oh, it's Ema." Ema said. "Really? Ema Tanaka? What a beautiful name." Albert said as Ema blushed, "Well, it was nice seeing you. Have a good day.". "Wait!" he heard her exclaim. Albert turned back around and said, "Yes?". "Here's my number. Call me and maybe we can have a coffee together!" Ema said. "Alright, I'll definitely consider it. Well, I got to go. Have a good day, Ema." Albert said as he took the note that had her number. "You too, Albert!" Ema said. Albert waved to her and left the building. 

He still remembers that day like yesterday. Good times. He had many wonderful memories with her and misses those days. His thoughts were interrupted when he heard an assistant say, "Albert, you have visitors!". "Who are they?" Albert asked. "A teen blonde, a little black-haired girl and a baby." the assistant said. "Let them in." Albert said. 

That's when he saw Leni, Lucy and Lily all come in with bags. "Hey, girls, how's it going?" Albert asked his granddaughters. "We have a lot to tell you, Pop-pop." Lucy said. "Like what?" Albert asked. "Long story so get comfy." Leni said. "Oh boy." Albert said. 

After a while of explaining, Albert was amazed. "Wow... I am so proud of you girls..." he said. "Thank you, Pop-pop." Leni said. Albert smiled but then realized something. "Wait, wait, wait... you said you have $21,000. If you built up $7,000 from your work and I gave you $7,000 for support, where did you get the extra third?" Albert asked. Leni chuckled and said, "Oh don't worry... I know my way around." as she had a mischievous smirk. 

It cuts to the Loud House, while the sisters are doing their normal things, they hear a scream. "HONEY, WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR MONEY?! WE ONLY HAVE HALF OF IT NOW!!"

To be continued...

End of chapter 37. Hope you all enjoyed! 

Peace!