Mama

After telling him the whole story, Lincoln sat there just staring. It was silent for what seemed like forever. And then, all the sudden, Suziko noticed Lincoln had a few tears coming out of his eyes and his lips started to quiver. But his frown quickly turned upside down as Suziko realized he wasn't sad. He was crying tears of joy. Lincoln then looked at his mother. "Mama" he said. Suziko gasped with a shocked face as she heard this. "M-Mama?" She said also with a few tears rolling down her cheeks with a smile. Lincoln nodded and wrapped his arms around her. "I love you, Mama. Thank y-you so much for saving me! I don't want to imagine if you didn't!" He said with a cracking voice. This made Suziko cry. She wrapped her arms around him back. "I love you, too, my son! I don't want to imagine if I didn't, either! You're safe with Mama, now!" She said to Lincoln as she had tears of joy. 

The doctor then walked in and saw this. "Am I interrupting anything? I hope I'm not!" He spoke. "No, you're not. You're fine." Lincoln said as they broke the hug. "Good. I didn't want to be rude or anything. So, Lincoln, I got some good news. You should be out of here by midnight. Ms. Tominaka, I just need you to sign the last of these papers and we should be good." The doctor said as he handed Suziko a clipboard. "Thank you, doc." Suziko said as she signed her last papers before handing it back to the doctor who walked out. 

Suziko then smiled at Lincoln before picking up his torn pajamas, standing up, walking to the trash can, and threw them out. "Why'd you throw my pajamas out?" Lincoln asked. "Because those are too torn, moldy and dirty beyond cleaning. I'm going to run out today and get you a pair of boxers, a pair of socks, some sweatpants, shoes and a shirt. How tall are you? I can easily calculate your size for everything just by your height." Suziko asked her son. "Well, I'm 5'0." Lincoln replied to his mother. "5'0? OK, thank you, honey." Suziko said as she grabbed her purse. "I'll be back in an hour and a half, OK?" She said as she got up. "Ok, Mama. I love you." Lincoln said. "I love you, too, sweetie." Suziko said as she kissed his cheek and left. Lincoln grabbed the TV remote and started flipping channels. 

It cuts to 10 minutes later with Suziko. She is currently in a Reninger's. While walking, she thought about being a mother again. "This is my chance to reconnect with Lincoln. This is my chance to know my son again. This is my chance to be a mother again. This is for Lincoln.".

Around an hour later, Suziko returned with a smile on her face with a bag and a box. "Hey, sweetie. I got you some stuff! Some clothes for now, and some breakfast! You hungry?" She said. "Really? Thank you, Mama!" Lincoln said with a smile. Suziko then handed Lincoln the box. Lincoln opened the box and saw six bacon pieces, 3 over easy eggs, hash browns, and cut up toast with butter on it inside.  He also saw little hot sauce and ketchup packets. "You must be very hungry, so I got you some food. Dig in!" Suziko said as Lincoln started eating like a maniac. Suziko laughed and said, "Calm down, honey! Ease yourself!" Suziko said as Lincoln stopped for a minute. He then realized how he was eating and wiped himself down before eating, this time calmer and more civilized. "Ok. I want to go over some stuff with you, Lincoln. I got you some new clothes and I got you some disposable hygiene products. And one more question, Lincoln. Have you ever been out of country. Out of state, even?" She asked her son. "Well, I have been to Florida, Virginia, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and New York a few times. Out of country? I have been to Quebec and Ontario a few times." Lincoln said. 

Suziko smiled and then said, "Well, how does this sound? You're going to Japan with me!".

To be continued...

End of chapter 5. Hope y'all enjoyed. Merry Christmas! Peace!