Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)

As Lincoln and Suziko were driving, Lincoln was asking Suziko questions. "So, about clothes, what's going to happen with that?" Lincoln asked. "Tomorrow, we will go to the store and get you some new clothes." Suziko said. "Alright, where am I going to sleep?" Lincoln asked. "I got a guest room bed." Suziko replied. "Am I annoying you with all of these questions?" Lincoln asked. "No, I kind of like the questions. They keep me from getting bored." Suziko replied. "Hmm" Lincoln said, "What about school?". "You will get transferred to Sakura No Hana Private School" Suziko replied. "Ooh, private school!" Lincoln said excited. Suziko nodded.

They then heard the radio announcer say, "Soshite ima rajio de, karera no saidai no hitto-kyokyu no 1-tsu, 'Be Quiet and Drive sotte Deftones'". (And now on the radio, one of their biggest hits, Be Quiet and Drive by Deftones) (Play the song now) 

"Oh my God, I love this song! It really helped me when I was at my lowest in that damn suit. Can I turn it up, Mama?" Lincoln asked. Suziko then turned up the volume by 5. She doesn't know why, but when Suziko heard this song, it made her want to go faster slightly. She pushed a little pressure on the gas as she sped up slightly. It also gave her memories of the past. It gave her a happy feeling listening to it.

Lincoln started singing along,

"This town don't feel mine

I'm fast to get away, far" 

Suziko was pretty surprised and impressed with her son's singing. 

"I dressed you in her clothes

Now drive me far away, away, away"

Suziko decided to roll down both their windows and turn it up by 2 more.

"It feels good to know you're mine.

Now drive me far away, away, away

Far! (Away)

I don't care where, just far! (Away)

I don't care!"

At that point, Suziko turned the volume up full blast and was driving at 120 kmh (75 mph). She looked angry but she wasn't. There was something burning inside her that told her to, and she wanted to. Thank God it was an empty road.

"Far! (Away) 

I don't care where, just far! (Away)

I don't care, somewhere far! (Away)"

As the song faded out, Suziko realized how fast she was going.  She then floored her stop as she put an arm over Lincoln. They both had shocked faces. Lincoln decided to turn down the radio to mute and roll up his window. Suziko did the same to her window. "What... was that?" Lincoln asked a little scared and amazed. "I... I don't know... I don't know what got into me..." Suziko said. She then started to drive slowly. She picked up pace until she drove at the speed limit. For about 6 minutes, it was silent until Lincoln broke it with, "So, how much of the drive is left?". Suziko blinked and said, "About 45 minutes so we're almost there.". "Alright." Lincoln said. It was silent for 30 seconds until, "Look at that, Lincoln, we're in Nagano!" Suziko said to Lincoln as they just crossed a sign that said, "Now entering Nagano Prefecture 現在長野県に入っています".