Comforting

It was February 9th as Lincoln was in math class with Kenji and Yui beside him. His concussion was now much better. As Lincoln was listening to the lesson, he felt a tap on his shoulder. It was Yui. "Hey, Lincoln. Where did you get that pink mark on your cheek?" she asked. Lincoln sighed and said "Well..."

*FLASHBACK*

It was the night before. Lincoln and Suziko were watching tv. There was a news report about a forest fire. There was a video from a helicopter filming the whole thing. "Look at the size of that thing. It's massive." Suziko said. Lincoln then had a smirking face and let out a snicker. He then said, with his lips, OUT OF HIS MOUTH, "𝕿𝖍𝖆𝖙'𝖘 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖘𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖆𝖎𝖉." The dreaded words.

 Suziko gasped and had a face of shock. She looked at Lincoln with a glare and said, "No son of mine talks like that!" as she stood up and pulled out a sandal. "Where the hell did she get a sandal?!" he thought. She then raised the sandal. 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"I got to say, it was totally worth it. Perfect execution." Lincoln said. "I got to give it to you for your being that brave. That takes a lot of courage to say something like that in front of your mom." Kenji said impressed. "Yeah, my mom would shove a bar of soap in my mouth if I made a joke like that. My dad wouldn't because he has a sense of humor. He knows how to laugh." Yui said. "Oh, my mom did that right after whacking me in the face with a sandal for who knows how many times. Who knew sandals could sting so bad?!" Lincoln said to his friends. "Join the club" Kenji said.

It cuts to Lincoln walking down the hallway as it is class transition. He went to his locker and opened it to get all of his stuff ready. After he closed it, he walked again. He then saw Akari walking with puffy, red eyes and mascara lines down her face with a sad expression. He then decided to walk to her. "Akari, what's wrong?" He asked. "I would not like talk about it, Lincoln-San" Akari said in a cracking voice. "Come on, Akari. You can always tell me." Lincoln said. "Ok... but let's take this somewhere else please." Akari said. Lincoln nodded.

After going to an area where there is not a lot of people, Lincoln said to Akari, "What's wrong, Akari?". Akari sighed and said, "It's this one girl who's been really mean to me.". "Really?" Lincoln asked, "Why?". "I don't know. Today, I asked her if I could sit at her table. It was her and a bunch of other popular girls. They said 'Ugh, no' and they started listing reasons and then they all started making fun of me, calling me names, calling me ugly." Akari said. "Woah, woah, woah! You are the polar opposite of ugly. You're probably one of the most beautiful girls I've ever met." Lincoln said. "Aww thank you, Lincoln-San." Akari said as she hugged Lincoln. "You're welcome, Akari." Lincoln said, "And don't you listen to those people. They don't know what they're talking about. If you need to talk to anyone, you have a friend right there.". "Thank you, Lincoln-San. Really. I need this." Akari said. "You're welcome, Akari" Lincoln said.

Meanwhile with Kenji, he was walking to the water fountain. After taking a sip, he noticed a sign that said, "学級委員長!Class President!". He smiled as he got an idea. (You probably already know what I'm planning. Only if you're cultured. 😏)

To be continued...

End of chapter 24. Hope you all enjoyed! Peace!

A/N: For that last part, cue Canned Heat!