The reason why

LOTS OF TRIGGER WARNINGS: OVERDOSING IS THE MAIN ONE

It is the next day, February 26th, Sunday afternoon. Suziko was going through some old photos with Lincoln. Pictures of like when he was born, when he was a baby, showing him his other cousins, etc. That's when Suziko saw a note. She read it and immediately took it out of the book without hesitation. Lincoln wanted to read it. As he tried reading from her hand, she immediately covered it. She then had a sad face and glassy eyes. 

"What's wrong, Mama?" Lincoln asked, concerned for his mother. "Lincoln... do you remember when I broke down after seeing a needle?" Suziko asked. "Yeah, why?" Lincoln asked. "Well, this ties to it." Suziko said, "Here is why I hate needles so much." Suziko said.

December 2009

It is midnight. 26-year-old Suziko is trying to sleep. She is six months pregnant and needs all the rest she can get. Her baby is coming here. In March, she and Antoni will fly out to San Diego. Why? So, she can give birth to an American child in April. She'll be staying there for a month. She was so excited what her baby was going to be like and what he was going to look like (They already found out it was a boy). Maybe he was going to have her snow-white hair or Antoni's eyes. Maybe a perfect hazel mix of Antoni's green eyes and Suziko's brown eyes. She was really curious how he was going to come out. But for now, she was just focusing on getting rest. 

That's when she heard a thud. It sounded like it came from the bathroom. She was curious and worried. Curiosity got the best of her. She got out of bed, walked to the bathroom and what she saw would mentally scar her probably forever. It horrified her. She gasped, put her hand over her mouth, and a very pale face. Her eyes poured waterfalls of tears. It was her husband lying on the floor on his side, very dilated eyes, vomit on the floor and out of his mouth. There was also a pool of blood on the floor too. "OH MY GOD! ANTONI!" she screamed as she ran to him. She immediately checked for a pulse. He had one but it was slowly going down. What she also saw made her hate the object forever. It was a syringe right beside his arm, with a piece of cloth wrapped around his arm. 

She immediately took out her phone and dialed 911. "Kon'nichiwa?! Hai, watashi no otto wa kajō sesshu shite imasu! Karenomeha kakuchō shi, myakuhaku wa yowamari, ōto to shukketsu ga mi raremasu. Sugu ni kyūkyūsha o okutte kudasai. Dōmo arigatōgozaimasu! Sayōnara!" (Hello? Yes, my husband is overdosing! His eyes are dilated, his pulse is weakening, and he is seen vomiting and bleeding. Please send an ambulance immediately. Thank you very much! Goodbye!) Suziko said before she hung up. She then looked back at Antoni. 

"PLEASE DON'T DIE, ANTONI! PLEASE! THINK OF ME! THINK OF YOURSELF! THINK OF OUR BABY! STAY WITH ME, ANTONI, PLEASE!" She said as she took his hand and held it. She was already crying, but now she was crying harder. After a few minutes, the paramedics came into the room. "Okusama, subete umaku ikimasu. Anata no otto wa mō daijōbudesu." (Ma'am, everything is going to be okay. Your husband is going to be fine.) One paramedic said. "Arigato." Suziko said. As they were now carrying Antoni on a stretcher, they went to the ambulance. Suziko went too. As they were driving to the hospital, Suziko kissed her husband's forehead and said, "It's going to be ok, Antoni, my love.". 

PRESENT DAY

"I still remember it like yesterday..." Suziko said, her voice cracking. "W-wow..." Lincoln said, not knowing how to feel, "Mama... I'm... so sorry..." Lincoln said. "Don't be, koibito... don't be..." Suziko said her voice getting more and more emotional. She then broke down and hugged Lincoln. Lincoln hugged her back and comforted her. "I don't mean to be rude, but what does the note have to do with the story?" Lincoln asked. "Here." Suziko said, giving the note to Lincoln. 

"I don't know what's worth fighting for

or why I have to scream

I don't know why I instigate

and say what I don't mean

I don't know how I got this way

I'll never be alright

So, I'm Breaking The Habit...

Tonight

-Antoni

To be continued...

End of chapter 44. Hope you all enjoyed!

A/N: Why do you think Lincoln's dad originally got into a drug addiction?

Peace!