At the mall with Akari

It was Sunday, January 28th. Lincoln and Suziko were walking into Nagano mall. "So where is Akari?" Suziko asked. "She should be here" Lincoln said looking for her. "There she is!" Lincoln said as he noticed her. Her attire was ripped jeans, a pink sweater that looks like it was knitted, a cross necklace and converse shoes. "Hi, Akari!" Lincoln said. "Lincoln-San! Hi!" Akari said excitedly. The two ran to hug each other. "Akari, how are you?" Lincoln asked the girl. "Oh, I'm doing great, Lincoln." Akari said with a smile. They then broke the hug. "How are you?" Akari asked. "I'm fine" Lincoln said.

Suziko then walked up to Lincoln and Akari and said, "Hey, Lincoln. Please don't run from me like that. It worries me deeply.". "Sorry, Mama. I got a little excited when I saw Akari." Lincoln said. "Hi, you must be Lincoln's mom." Akari said. "Yep. Akari this is my mother. Mama, this is Akari." Lincoln said. "Oaidekiteureshīdesu wakai josei" (Nice to meet you, young lady.) Suziko said to Akari. "Hajimemashite, Misu" (Nice to meet you, Miss). Akari said back. "She looks like a nice girl." Suziko said to Lincoln. "She does" Lincoln said. Akari blushed at Lincoln's mother's comment. "Arigatō" (Thank you) Akari said as she giggled. "Dōitashimashite" (You're welcome) Suziko said. Lincoln understood little bits and pieces. He was still learning some words. That class was really paying off. 

"Well honey, you two have a good time. I will be at the Reninger's." Suziko said. "Ok, Mama. I love you." Lincoln said. "I love you too, koibito" (sweetheart) Suziko said as she kissed Lincoln's forehead and walked away. They waved at each other. 

"Looks like it's just us, now." Lincoln said. "Looks like it. Let's start off on where you want to go first." Akari said. Lincoln looked around and said, "I don't know. Let's walk around and see." Lincoln said. "OK. Sounds good." Akari said. They proceeded to walk around the mall. After a while, Lincoln saw a music store. "Ooh, let's go in here." Lincoln said. "Alright, looks fun" Akari said.

As, they walked around the store, Lincoln saw a section that said "ウエスタン Western". "Let's go this way" Lincoln said. "Western?" Akari said. "Yep" Lincoln said as he looked around. "Wow... Michael Jackson, Metallica, Linkin Park, Public Enemy, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, Korn, Pantera, Deftones... all of my favorite artists are here! These all got me through a dark time in my life." Lincoln said. Akari stood there confused. "You... never heard of any of these artists?" Lincoln asked. Akari shook her head no. "You're not familiar with western music, are you?" Lincoln asked. Akari shook her head no again. "Have you ever been outside Japan?" Lincoln asked. Akari shook her head no yet again. "Hmmm... well, I really recommend all these guys. You will love these musicians." Lincoln said. "You think so?" Akari asked. "I know so. I love these guys." Lincoln said. Akari smiled.

It cuts to Lincoln and Akari walking around the mall again. "I'm kind of hungry" Lincoln said. Akari spotted a mochi stand. "I know just the place" Akari said.

It cuts to Lincoln and Akari sitting down at the food court. They both had bowls of mochi. "Ok. I want you to try these. They're really good." Akari said. "Alright. I'm ready." Lincoln said as he picked up one of the mochis. He then put it in his mouth. "Mmm... this is... this is really good!" Lincoln said. "They're really good, are they?" Akari said as she put a mochi in her mouth. "Wow... mochi's wonderful." Lincoln said. "You should come by to my house. My mother makes great mochi." Akari said. "Really?" Lincoln asked. "Yep. Good cooking just runs in my family." Akari said. "My mother and grandmother make WONDERFUL tea. I guess I could make amazing tea too. Who knows?" Lincoln said. "Yep. My mother always told me when I make mochi, it's just as good as hers." Akari said. 

It cuts to Lincoln and Akari at the arcade. "I like that they have an arcade around here." Lincoln said. "Me too. I like going to this area while I can." Akari said. "I used to love the arcade at my old town. I just love it." Lincoln said. "Hey, looks like we have something in common!" Akari said. "Would you look at that?" Lincoln said. Akari giggled. Again, with that cute smile and giggling. Great, now Lincoln won't be able to stop thinking about it for the next few hours now. For the next 35 minutes, it was Lincoln and Akari playing games and winning prizes. Well about 67% of it was Lincoln winning the games and giving the prizes (which were mostly stuffed animals and plushies) to Akari. He didn't mind, though. At the end, they walked out as Akari had a bag full of prizes and a smile on her face.

As they were walking around, they heard an announcement, "Subete no kaimono kyaku ni chūi shite kudasai. Subete no kaimono kyaku ni chūi shite kudasai. Kono mōru wa ato 45-bu de shimarimasu. O kaimono arigatōgozaimashita. Yoi yoru o osugoshi kudasai" (Attention all shoppers. Attention all shoppers. This mall will close in 45 minutes. Thank you for your purchase. Have a nice night.). "Uhh... attention... mall... close.... 45 minutes..." Lincoln said understanding broken parts of the language. "Hey, you're starting to get it!" Akari said surprised. "Yeah, Japanese is easier than I thought!" Lincoln said. "Really? I thought it was like super, super hard." Akari said. "I was always told I was good at learning languages fast." Lincoln said. "Wow, that's really cool" Akari said. "Thanks *chuckles* So anyway, what do you want to do?" Lincoln asked. "Um... ooh! I know! We could go to that photo booth right there!" Akari said. "Ooh, that looks fun! Want to try it?" Lincoln asked. "Sure! Let's go!" Akari said as they walked to the photo booth.

5 minutes later...

It cuts to Lincoln and Akari walking out of the booth. Lincoln grabbed the pictures. One was just smiles, another was silly faces, another was Akari doing bunny ears on Lincoln. "These are great" Lincoln said. Akari nodded in agreement and asked, "Hey Lincoln-San, I was wondering if I could keep those?". "Um... sure, you can have them." Lincoln said, giving the pictures to Akari. "Thank you, Lincoln-San" Akari said to Lincoln. "You're welcome, Akari" Lincoln said to Akari. 

41 minutes later...

After going to a few more shops, Lincoln and Akari finally found Suziko. She had a few bags herself. "Hi, Mama" Lincoln said to his mother. "Hello, baby! How was your little "date" with Akari?" Suziko asked. This made both Lincoln and Akari blush. "Uhh... "date"? Lincoln asked. "Oh, I'm just messing around with you kids. Hahaha!" Suziko said as she laughed, "Ah... anyway, did you kids have a nice time together?" Suziko asked. "It was great, Mama" Lincoln said. That's when Akari got a text. "Oh, I have to go. My mother is outside. Sayanora, Lincoln-San! Suziko!" Akari said. "Bye/Sayanora, Akari" Lincoln and Suziko waved to Akari. Lincoln and Suziko then walked out and drove home. 

To be continued...

End of chapter 21. Hope you all enjoyed! Peace out everyone!

A/N: All of you asking, "Where is Leni? Lucy? Lily?" Do not worry. They will come. Lincoln has a few things to clear up like other family members before they come into the picture. It will happen. 

Also, my phone is actually doing OK! It's doing good now! I managed to get it back together.