Chapter 46 - Dismal Defeat

• • •

The chirps of the sunup bird, the rays shining through an open window, the melody played by the birds and her humming as she went along, and the radio forecast playing from another room

She smiled as she read through the paper she had written. Page after page of a report to be sent to the imperial academy and the day for them to have an opportunity to be enrolled in the most privileged Military schools in this country, confidence is essential, but the young woman was hesitant about the Report she had made or, worse, having to be reviewed by her father.

Being the daughter of a mighty man can be difficult for even a commoner to think about. Still, with a father who is the Secretary of Foreign Affairs and the Golden Child, it seems that privilege can win even the strongest men's hearts.

As she leaves her room, the door creaks as she enters a Large hallway. The maids gaze at the young duke, passing each one by one as she takes a left from the end of the room.

"Reports from the HENN, News statements as the Thurmifiman Empire, once a former Superpower of the 4th continent, just recently announced surrendering this morning, the newly elected government head has reported their surrender as joint Military operations between the So-Called United States and the Japanese forces, which have triumphantly defeated the Far Eastern Empire. "This is Sacred Empire Broadcasting, bringing you the most recent news!" ~!

"How fucking great..."

• • • • •

Sacred Empire of the Northern Star, "Holy Empire,"

Standen House, January 19, 1774, 8:16 PM

Upon hearing the news, the success of these two nations appears remarkable. To defeat an adversary they had initially anticipated would take victory just two weeks ago—it's truly astonishing. He ponders the fact that it took them less than a fortnight. It's nearly impossible! He isn't a military strategist, yet he recalls instances where it took the Empire even two years to secure a triumph, even against the most uncivilised of nations. In truth, could these nations truly be on par with them? How could that be? He contemplates, knowing that the Imperial Emperor had never shown interest in engaging with recently transferred nations. He finds the Emperor's notion of tasking the parliamentary foreign affairs unit to comprehend and assess the threat quite absurd.

Even though their country is the world's most powerful Empire, why does a country like this have so many Backward ideas and regulations? Even their close ally, Bastan, does not have anything like this, and they are booming as a result of their free commerce!

The old man cuts the radio and glances to the doorway to see her daughter resting alongside the door frame as he smiles for her to appear and greets her father.

"Morning, Daddy!"

At last, she arrives in front of him, beaming in the presence of his daughter.

"My goodness, you look quite lovely today. Please, Viclika, come to me! Do you have something to show?"

"Yes, Father!" She replied, holding what seemed to be a 20-page stack of documents and slamming them onto the table. The man looked at her with minor confusion.

"It's an assignment for the upcoming entrance, as I promised. I'll enter the renowned Imperial Academy to continue my studies there."