Chapter 45: defeat and victory

Special Announcement!

After heavy consideration amongst the Chronicle's team, we have decided that no new chapters will be published after chapter 45. This is to pave way for the upcoming rewrites of the previous chapters that we find lacking and completely littered with errors. Along with that comes a certain cost; "STOC" and the "Golden Gates" Series will be receiving slower and probably shorter chapters as we begin to pump out the said rewrites. I hope you understand our current situation and where we are at with Smokes' stories.

For more information be sure to join the Chronicle's discord: https://discord.gg/hFVAQqtQJ3

Thank you very much.

-Smokey

[===================]

The Kingdom of Exalos, 4th province. Lime mansion.

January 18, 1774.

7:10 AM.

The country that was separated from the rest of the fourth civilization came from the far fields of the kingdom of Exalos, a small country that promised rich and beautiful land that had not been touched. Looking out the carriage windows, the young noble observes the workers and farmers of these lands as they work all day collecting their harvest; they didn't waste time looking at his carriage, with many of them busy collecting their crops. It was lovely countryside, and the young master was pleased that he could grow up to be noble in these lands. In the future, he may only want to build a much larger kingdom once he has made progress for himself.

Looking back at his assistant, an elf in more formal attire sitting in the other seat, she goes over the folders and a large number of reports for the town in which they operate. So far, judging by her expression, everything appears to be going well, and the young master is pleased. He remarks on the silent yet bumpy road.

"These roads give me headaches at times; we should organize a project to pave these roads."

The young master said something, and the assistant elf only looked over at him and replied.

"Yes my lord we should, but with the current situation within the Exalos parliament. A project like that would cost more than we can give towards the capital, in my recommendation having this paved road be just gravel."

Even though her option is a cheaper alternative but likely vulnerable to deterioration over time, it appears to be a better option. As a result of what she said about the recent events for the Exalos Parliament, it appears that times have changed since the arrival of the island of Japan and this country known as the United States of America.

How eventful he thought, unlike most years, it appears that a change had these two countries appeared out of nowhere and are now changing the political events like no other, as countries and new reports from the 5th and 4th civilizations now plan to head over to the kingdom of Alervon for a summit of these two countries that are appearing like flies.

Furthermore, aside from the political context of these two countries, these two recent events demonstrate why they have received attention. Months before the Thurmifiman empire's invasion of the mainland, these two had fought against the Artesian empire, the largest empire within the 5th civilization, now forgotten since the "Sollan Incident," the Thurmifiman are now on the defensive, with recent reports from insiders giving a view of the current situation with deserters and the war in a desperate position. It's no surprise that many countries are turning to these two for help, either to maintain good relations or to avoid being invaded entirely.

It's no wonder why many countries are coming to appeal to these two, either to maintain good relations or not be invaded by them entirely.

Contrary to what he had recalled neither both countries had ever cared for invading another country but maintained and opened up to newer countries like the recent headlines from the kingdom of Garivara, opening new trades routes, and many more it seems that possibilities for these two are endless as there recent discovery what makes them so unique and grants them this feeling of a superpower.