Chapter 18 - Defense of Acevedo (2)

Join my discord https://discord.gg/hFVAQqtQJ3 server to make suggestions on the story.

- Smokey

-------------------------------------

The southern wall. Acevedo.

December 30, 1773.

It was all over, as the southern unit collapsed within its feet, as the forces went into a meat grinder, searchlights of the AHS-1 pierced the night sky. The Thurmifiman soldiers dropped their weapons; the Commanding Officer from the southern unit got down from his horse and noticed Japanese men coming out from the wall.

The short-run would be a death blow, and it was an idiotic move the front units made, who tried to shoot down the Japanese Cobra. He looked back at the loud Cobra with its facial appearance like nothing before; the shark-like face paint combined with its green camouflage, it's not a wyvern he recognizes or a dragon that he remembers, hovering the sky then flapping its wings, "what is that thing?" He wonders as the rotors of the Cobra spun loudly, the Cobra hovered above them, watching them.

The defeat was impossible, but it was his Commanding Officer's unreasonable command that made them walk into a trap. He realizes that his fault for not objecting to the Commanding Officer, dropping his sword and small sidearm, is the only thing he could do, as Japanese forces soon arrived and soon pointed their rifles at them.

Among the Japanese soldiers, officers could notice the difference of the Second Officer among the regular forces, and he soon headed to see for himself.

"You command this army?"

"I'm only second in command; someone shot the Commanding Officer of this force."

The Japanese Officer realized that the sniper shot came from Tenho, who aimed at the Commanding Officer and soon noted that. He takes the arm of the officer. He was quickly separated from his army, leaving them behind the Thurm officer and the Japanese head back in the walls. He looked behind to see them walking in rows as the AHS-1 flew towards the northern gate.

Northern gate.

Multiple explosions could be heard outside the walls, as the Aetesians feared for the attack, the loud bashing from the gates could be heard as the Marines began to grip their M4 and M16A4, the Marines among them then listened to an announcement to everyone at the post.

"Make those bastards pay!"  

"Ooora!"

Marines yelled out their warcry, and confidence began to hit the battlefield. The Aetesians soldiers heard their new allies cheer there. The officer who was among them was dumbfounded at what he just saw. "The gate is no longer in danger from a threat!" Cheers from the Marines raise their arms as they clap at the boosting victory. The Aetesians believe in achievement, and they wish that victory would soon come.

The Aetesian soldiers watched in the front lines and could see a man carrying another man on his shoulder. The buildings nearby brightened the night as Aetesians soldiers visiting this heard and soon raises their M16A4. A Marine nearby pulls his binoculars and takes a quick check. The Marine stationed at the wall carries a wounded man, and the Marine was running toward them and shouted.

"Don't shoot!"

The Marine was close and soon leaped in at the barrier. He placed down the wounded Aetesian guard and looked at the other Marine officer. As he ran towards them, realizing the Marine officer, he then looked back at the Aetesians, yelling, "Hold your fire!" The Aetesian Officers reiterated Marine's word, and they lowered their rifles.

"They're gonna get in!"

Understanding the current circumstances, the Marine looked back at the Aetesians, and many Marines stationed. Pulling out his radio, he yelled, "this is Dagger-one; there is a mass assault coming at Gate Alpha, requesting air support!"