Chapter 24 - Preparation of the Counter attack

----------------------------------------------------

Acevedo, Aetesian states.

January 4, 1774.

Smoking near the window, Major Haru and General Yoshida hunched down looking through the window below as the Acevedo he remembered looked different from the last time he departed. The city when his forces invaded was covered by blood and rumble, and Yoshida could remember it like the back of his head, the once destroyed roads which one once used as barriers against his forces were still at the left broken at the ground showing barely work was done to make the City Road better to say, even after the small peacetime, the city was unsteady previously, more causing many to die on the streets. Even entering the city the first he saw was a kid begging to the alervon forces, and the gate that once got hit by a type 10 wasn't replaced, seeing that barely any time was given for the people, despite help being given.

"The city looks worse from the last time I visited," 

Yoshida mumbled, surprised by the sight he saw, seeing that minor benefit was given to repair the city, even after he left he did remember an agreement of city rehabilitation with the artesian government willing to pay for it. But due to the attack made from the thurms attempted siege, many of the wooden buildings burnt to ash, and the remaining was still intact but needed repair.

Looking away from the ruined buildings he takes a look at the center of the city, with many of the military tents standing still since he left Acevedo to be stationed over sollan, he begins to question if the government will fix the problems or end up plummeting to a torn country, but sewing that the war is ongoing Yoshida didn't think of the outcome as his mind shifted but to the counteroffensive.

He walks back to the large circular table, with many people sitting around the table, they chatter. Discussing current missions, they were American, Japanese officers chatted about their tension, and among the people was commander Charlotte, unlike the people there she was concerned the only female commander to have strategies training. seeing that person was not stopping, Yoshida looked at Haru shrugging as he smoked out smoke from his cigarette, Yoshida scoffed and walked towards the table, "All stand!" Haru yelled, immediately making everyone except Charlotte stand up. Seeing this confusing gesture she immediately realizes as she too then stands up and Brigadier General Yoshida walks towards the seat in the front.

"Alright gentleman," Yoshida yelled as he sat down, looking around seeing everyone high officers are attending he nods as he continues. "today we begin discussing our current operation with the rest of the people who are not informed of this. And you all may sit."

Following what he said they all sat down as the American, Japanese, officers all together sat down. Charlotte too looks back at the chair she sits down and looks back at general Yoshida. For Yoshida he looks behind to see Major haru standing behind, he looks concerned, and asks. "Do you need a seat?"

"No sir, I'm ok" Haru replied, which made Yoshida turn back to his officers waiting for the main briefing. A good look around sees that everyone wanted to hear even Charlotte and seeing this look cough twice and looked back at the people.

"Alright, I guess we need to talk about recent reports. As of now, our job is to advance towards the borders of thurms as the border is a complete mountain, from the words from the captured thurm officer, there is a valley that is heavily guarded named, 'fort Judi' and they reported that It took them 4 days to make it here with without any transport."

Hearing that was a bit surprising to say, some officers within the room were surprised while others didn't see that the nation there where fighting is a nation that uses dragons and wyverns, some question the tactic as some were impressed they least used wagons for transport.