Chapter 34 - battle of keto

[===========================]

The northern region, artesian empire

3 kilometres from the town of keto, 2nd Artillery Regiment.

An hour ago. January 9, 1774.

a flat plain of grass covers the countryside of the northern region, its plain valleys makes it easy to farm and the land is fertile for farmers to grow crops they please, but even with this blessed land, Japanese combatants around could see nothing but the countryside with nothing but the field of grass and the small rivers, it was seen that the northern region was developed as much from the south, having said with this much flat ground it was surprising for the men to see the distances. soldiers around could see the far valleys as many were impressed by the view they could see, the grass was greener than many expected, but many within this plain of grass weren't there for a short break, as men from the 2nd artillery regiment, walks around close to there vehicles with a soldier carrying ammunition to there type 99 SPG, as within a radio truck, the static pitch was heard and men sitting wearing there headphones received coordinates of adversaries force. Having UAVs earlier be sent out for scouting operations it was anticipated that over five thousand men were within this small town, and with the town heavily fortified, it could be quite problematic for the units sent over there.

[...]

vehicles coloured in various green cover themselves with camouflage nets and ammo boxes around, men huddle carrying ammunition towards the main weapon of the small post, being a type 99 and with 5 on the ground, the crew within it quickly loads in their first shot and having all 5 SPG loaded and ready, they could only wait as they waited for the command to fight upon the forces within keto. With the Japanese forces advancing towards the town, having under the anticipation for a full barrage, it was hoped for the men around the radio that the civilians had managed to leave keto prior before and not wanting to get many civilian casualties, they closely listened within the radio.

"Requesting for an artillery strike, within the direction, we have multiple formations and a few dozen trenches, requests needed now over.."

Hearing that the brigadier general Yoshida needs artillery support, the radiomen within the truck quickly called back in and had their post ready to fire.

"Affirmative... bombardment will proceed now!!"

Having the order given, the men within the SPG quickly turned towards the gunner with the men holding a string with connections back at the breech, with the allowing of firing at the keto, the green light was allotted, and having this the gunner quickly pulled the string and outcome a powerful blast as tense recoil strode the SPG with all 5 firing their powerful shell, not being down, another one was given and having the shell be loaded before it's gunpowder, the commander waited for the green light, coming in the breech first comes the projectile and having it the loader slam in the shell, it was loaded in quickly after coming the rest were placed in and having it finished the louder closes the breech as he places in a copper small tube within it as he places the wire. With it loaded once more they waited for the order; it didn't take too long to talk, the second barrage was given and with a yelled, "fire!" The gunner pulled the wire, shortly after another shake from the vehicle and with the gun kicking back hard, men with it once more loaded another round to repeat their barrage.

Having to see this at the distance alongside others, the Japanese men around sees that their help would be in waste, with them hearing the reports about the town fortifications, the number of volleys it was shot out from the type 99 was impressive to see and having to remember that his nation is fighting a nation whose technology is something from world war 1, it was shown that his nation would come out victory alongside the alervon and the Americans, understanding their volley shots means casualties for the civilians within the town, it was a sacrifice that he would be willing to make and have him know his cronies survival is important, he watches on continually as the men within the type 99 fired 4th barrage.