Chapter 42 - forest-covered in blood.

[===============]

"White Sox" The royal palace, sollan, the kingdom of alervon.

January 14, 1774.

Gazing from the window, she peers from the distance towards the port to look upon what was conveyed to her by the envoys of the Jylonian Republic. Queen Savannah, still confined in the comfort of her wheelchair, was delighted that both the Japanese and the American ambassadors got to meet these ambassadors for her. As a bright future gazed upon them and so too her country, alervon. She fantasizes about the wonders brought by the Japanese and the Americans and the opportunities that lie ahead of them.

Having just learned now that the second shipment of cargo had finally arrived, containing nothing but modern firearms and equipment American soldiers get to utilize on the battlefield, with a few containers that held body armour and even a weapon they call Howitzers, given to them at a cheaper price. She was appreciative and delightful of the gifts given by the Americans. Shortly after, loud thumping can be heard from the distance, driving her attention toward the origins of the noise as she shifted her wheelchair as she soon faced the recognizable faces of her generals and high ranking officials. Among them were her chief of staff and one of the generals from the Japanese forces stationed within alervon, getting closer they are her maiden beside her and immediately changing direction with her wheelchair and herself shifting towards them.

It was General Merton Silla and major general Suka kerosene who was calmly walking towards savannah, they halted with both bowing down towards her, a sign of greetings towards the majesty. "Morning your Majesty." They said calmly, straightening their bodies to be greeted by the sight of a smiling woman.

"Thank you..."

Both sides exchanged a brief smile before General Merton pulled out a thin folder in a light brown colour from his leather bag as the maid beside him passed it down to Savannah. Her eyes scan the writing as she pauses midway, her eyes glued on the paper, she looks up towards the two men, whose face already spills disaster. Her mood quickly changes, as the ambience of danger now roams her country.

"H-how did the thurms manage to get within our lands?!"

Savannah asks in complete disarray and panic as she didn't expect such an unforeseen danger to get a grip on her country's soil

"Before their initial naval landings, multiple UAV and satellite images detected several warships whose origins came from a remaining Thurm naval fleet. Initially, American naval command disregarded it as a significant threat to Alveron waters, due to it being outside your country's boundaries. But it wasn't until three days ago when a live satellite feed revealed its true intentions, an invasion force. Their sheer size and numbers are in the dark, but we are predicting a force of Ten thousand or more. With the rapid developments with nearby towns being looted and countryside farms being set ablaze, we are expecting Thurm forces to fully surround Sollan within forty hours from now."

"Forty hours...." She mutters, as her body trembles in fear. "Have you alerted your superior regarding this?" She says "And how long are we expecting a full-fledged force to reinforce Sollan."

"We have assembled a strike force consisting of three destroyers and a dozen of frigates, just four hundred miles from here. We expect them to arrive within the next fourteen hours or less, to fend off the invasion force."

"And a combined arms unit of artillery platoons and a few infantry regiments were dispatched alongside general Merton's 5th infantry battalion. We planned to have this engagement last for an hour or less."

Given the ensuing reports, Suka visibly sees Savannah calming herself down as she starts to take deep breaths, as a smile begins to form on her left cheek. She directly makes eye contact with General Suka.