Chapter 20 - The Two Powers

If you have suggestions, or any opinions on the story, hope in the server, https://discord.gg/hFVAQqtQJ3

-smokey

---------------------------

December 31, 1773

Oval Office, Tokyo, Japan.

Ideas were given out within the office with many officials giving their suggestions on the navy operations. Earlier, many of the military officials didn't accept the idea of 'waiting for the enemy' and strike as this would show Japan as a force not willing to strike, opportunities to attack the enemy are greater than they thought.

Unfortunately, problems would come with Japan's intelligence not knowing the locations of the fleet that attacked Sollan, but problems came due to Japan and America not sailing further out from the 5th civilization.

It was getting dark, and plans for the operation weren't made yet, with Japan's 2nd fleet being stationed at Sollan's port, ideas were rising.

Looking at the board in front, ships with their images could be seen,  with their Chōkai-Class, Guild missiles battlecruisers, could be seen alongside the pictures where the Kongo, Asagiri, class destroyers, But among the vessels was the flagship of the fleet being IJN Izumo, the first of 5 Light aircraft carriers built back at 2011, seeing this, the rough map of the sollan could be notified and markers around the ships locations could be seen.

"As of now. These ships are currently on standby at sollan, and reports about the locations of this fleet are still hidden.."

"We did plan for the 2nd fleet to be on standby  so we can have the 1st fleet return to Sollan to assist the 2nd fleet naval operation."

"Well, as of now the 1st fleet is currently carrying the 12th mechanized infantry division back to the Aetesian port, their forces would be used for our land operation, once they make it to the capital."

"But this is the navy we are talking about. What should they do?"

Wouldn't take long till the Military and the navy officials began to debate on what intention for navy would do, prime minister Takahashi remembers that the navy as of now we're not performing much other than the military, Takahashi feel that the navy would less have something to do other than be an escort for there ground forces.

Takahashi knows that modern Japan isn't the same as before, both the army and navy corporate each other and both sides have a good connection when conflict comes, even that rivalry would come as both sides would dispute which branch is better, Even that the rivalry wouldn't come when war comes and both sides would least comparate when something like this occurs.

"The 2nd fleet will not be on standby and waiting for the invading forces. The 2nd and 1st should perform a naval attack which will make these 'thurms' least know what we are capable of."

Takahashi waited for a response with some not speaking up, but among the officials present was secretary of navy Hinata gumi, former captain of IJN Yamato, and current Secretary of the Japanese navy, a grizzled old man who once served during the war of terror, he asked the young naval officer.

"Didn't the Americans show what they were capable of? There was a battle between them at the sea of alervon."

Hinata asked.

"They did, all enemy ships were too destroyed, and with that, attacks from thurms will not continue."

"Which means that what we attack is the same fleet that bombed sollan."