[REWRITE] Chapter 3 - Conference of the 4th civilization

Central Tokyo, Japan. Oval prime minister's office

November 18, 1773.

7:10 AM

The sky was dark blue, the breeze from the cold night still lingering around Tokyo, and nothing but the cold season appeared overhead as only clouds filled the sky. The city lights are still blazing across downtown, and the roads are mostly empty, with mainly homeless people and a few pedestrians passing through. Welcome to Tokyo, they say, the city of beauty. Yet life after the "great earthquake incident" changed the societal norms within the capital.

Entering the office with a quick knock, a female assistant enters prime minister Takahashi's office, carrying additional coffee and some paper reports given to them from the expedition force sent out there:

"Sir Takahashi, here are the additional coffee and the paper report you have told me about."

Immediately she places the coffee on the table, with Takahashi taking notice of the paper reports, boldly titling them 'Findings over the New Region," which made Takahashi quite thrilled to learn.

"Thank you, Kiruma; please inform me if anything major has reached you."

Bowing, she quickly takes off, leaving the oval office, with Takahashi going first with the steaming hot coffee, taking a sip as he places it at the side to gaze over the folder report. The folder with a light brown colour within it and a fond around it, indicating that it was written by Ambassador Tenjo and likely to have been written from his point of view, was a sight to behold.

With the description from the time, date, and year towards the landing and meeting of these individuals they had first contacted, the country was somewhat primitive, the buildings they saw and the mansions akin to Victorian-era Great Britain, notifying that he had spotted some automobiles yet barely any on the roads. Statements from Tenjo show Alervon having the most prominent potential for both the US and Japan, including that although they are still somewhat primitive, they have the opportunity to advance further beyond their limits with the assistance of both US and Japanese homegrown companies, allowing a significant input from the boost if permitted. This allows for increasing the working class, and two months after the incident, the reduced numbers of the working class made it more severe than ever.

Continuing digging through, surprisingly, the Kingdom of Alervon is why they have it as their title, for a country with their administration being more monastery-style than a more presidential one. It also gave him notes that it's a far more different world from their timeline, seeing that information is far and few, so Takahashi was least grateful that progress is going as scheduled.

Continuing with the expeditionary report, seemingly glimpsed in the second folder, it was from the central command of the navy itself. It's surprising that usually, the navy doesn't have anything to report other than sightings of "large lizards" and the talk of enormous unknown aquatic creatures from the destroyer they notified. But here it came from the 1st carrier division, from a training ship that was part of the 1st carrier fleet. There has been a sighting of a primitive sailboat near the islands.

To learn that no exchange of gunfire is presumed, Takahashi was somewhat surprised that Americans had an incident in the new regions of North America, giving them an insight that not everything is what it seems to be from the surface. Learning that the crew discovering the vessel had reported that they were a naval vessel from the so-called "Aetesian Empire," it is shocking to believe that they are close to territory with a landmass similar to mainland China.