chapter 25 - the offensive

Port Katrina, (occupied) northern Aetesian region.

January 4, 1774.

The day prior, the queen's speech, over 500 after that day joined the military as civilians from all parts of the country joined the cause they believed. Many things happened that soon turned into a total production line as shipyards got back up at their feet and returned to fixing many of the damaged unfinished hulls. Factories that were hit hard now returned to the production line as they produce rifles, cannons, and heavy equipment, to aid the soldiers at the field. With the total mobilization, given from the queen's orders, many of the general kentos forces from the 2nd division were outstretch, causing the problems for the general as the far-spread his forces means reports from his forces smaller troops would be lessened and controlling the massive battalions means a harder time to command his massive army. This made Kento rethink his strategy, hearing that a small naval squadron would arrive at the port, which was important, as this small task force would arrive sooner.

 With the grip from general kentos, many would follow his orders as these conscript soldiers from his 2nd division were sent out to the port Katrina as once finished, they would send the remaining regiment to the town of Judo once arrived at the port. A day has passed, and more than two thousand soldiers are postponed at the port as the men watch the bay. The sky was murky and the breeze from the wind was colder than before. Soldiers from the 2nd Army division wore jackets as they patrol the town of Katrina rifle in arms, as they head towards the port.

Locals who weren't chained as slaves, listen to the man on a stool, as he recited the speech from their majesty, with many people listen to his speech, with some staring at him, many listening and they could hear the officer stuttering his sentence, with the officer fearing as the intensive staring making the officer feel uncomfortable.

..

Inside the port's town hall, officials sat together with many leaning, smoking, and Waiting. loitering for the High command. The sound of the creaking chair and the tapping from the table made it uneasy for the fewer officers as they felt the tense air, and some drank their lukewarm water, as the port master provided each officer water to drink. Sitting in front of the men was general Kento, alongside the second in command.

The general was eating his fish given by the port master as June Duncan next to him watched. Officers beside each other whispered, and some were bored as the room felt hotter than before. The candles brighten the room and the closed windows made it an unpleasant atmosphere in the room, as some officers wearing their thick jackets soon pour sweat wishing to leave the room. For the general, he didn't care, with the young boy next to him giving him a breeze as he swayed his fan behind him.

..

Seeing that the room was getting quiet, and the purpose of the briefing. Kento soon swallowed his last bit of fish, as he looked to the port master, which made the port master grab his half-empty bowl.

"Alright gentlemen, I didn't make all of you come to watch me eat. I'll have to inform you of some aspects we will do."

The officers within the room all sat properly to say with some stop leaning as they got back on their feet, hearing that the briefing would begin.

..

"The situation in Acevedo… it's bad to say. Unfortunately, I have something to say but Queen Jermisha lied to us in that speech as she didn't tell us the truth till we were at the front lines."

"Now, in the current situation, we have 3 infantry brigades, in the northern region, and the first two brigades fully in use as the first one is at the town. we would use the 3rd as rear support."