Dramatic, Tragic, Foolish

Start from the beginning

" Yes Karan, You always blamed her for leaving me to die and fly to the U.S. But actually, she was kidnapped for two days."

"But you guys never told me the whole truth. " He pushed the words through his greeted teeth.

" We couldn't, we had our reasons to hide it all. But we thought you know her that much, that you won't be believing in this bullshit all these years. But we were wrong. " Uncle sighed and Karan looked down.

" That's not the most important thing right now, I guess." I said, trying to ease the conversation.

" When we finally managed to get you out of there hands. We found out that killing you was never a part of their plan"

"What?? " I asked in a whisper.

" In fact they wanted to keep you alive, or maybe only until you turned twenty five. "

" They wanted to get her married with their son?? " My head whipped up to Karan as he said those words.

" What??" I asked in disbelief.

"How do you know that?? " Uncle asked.

"So it's true?? " I asked, shocked.

" Half." Uncle answered and I groaned frustratedly.

"Still, half?? Just tell me already. Who the heck was that Another person who helped Raheja's??"

" There's no point of hiding it anyway. And also, you have proved to be strong enough to handle everything. And I trust you to handle this too, and also to believe me. "

"Now, why would I not believe you?? " I asked, rolling my eyes.

Uncle took a pause and looked at me for a moment before continuing. " You remember that your grandpa wasn't very fine when you left. Right??" Uncle asked and I hummed in response.

" Veeru was already the CEO of Mahajan Empire. So Pratap uncle transferred the rest of the property, including the Palace, also to him. Seeing that Veerendra and Sahas are too close to each other, there won't be any issue related to this. Sahas was supposed to take over the Mahaajan Business which was in the U.S. But Uncle didn't tell them about this as the paperwork was still not done. Seeing Veerendra as the owner of everything that Sahas has worked equally for, he got triggered and teamed up with Raheja's and leaked the news about you and also that you are going to the U.S. Then Sahas and Ashok sent men to attack us the day of your flight. "

My body froze at his words. I didn't see it coming and I didn't know how to react to this. Fuck!! I didn't even want to believe this, to be honest. I felt myself out of breath as tears blurred my vision.

"He thought that if Virendra dies, everything will be his'. But in the middle of the attack, he got the news that after Virendra, everything will be transferred to you, not him. So he called his men to stop the attack and back off. "

I kept trying to register everything in my head. But Karan asked his doubts. " But he could have killed them all, even Monami. "

" If he would have done that, the property would have gone to the trust. "

I sniffed soundly, composing myself. 'This is not the time to cry but to know the truth' I told myself before focusing on Uncle.

"But why did Grandpa do that?? I mean, Sahas Uncle has also worked equally to build this empire, as you just said. Then why didn't grandpa divide the property and where the hell did I come in between all this, after dad, it definitely was supposed to be Uncle, or If it was about grandchildren then It should have been us all four, or me and Yuvraj, seeing he's the elder in them. no?? " I enquired.