If I accepted this,his doubt on uncle will be deepened. So I chose to lie.

" You are just thinking too much."

" And you aren't thinking at all. " Saying that he sped up and walked past me.

I sighed while following him. He quickly reached the Car and stood like a mountain in front of the driver who was standing there waiting for us.

"Get aside. " He said in his cold intimidating voice and the poor driver jumped aside.

"What happened Sir?? Is there any problem?? "

" Nope, we can go by ourselves. " He said stepping past the driver and took the seat before slamming the door shut.

I rolled my eyes at his arrogance and reached the car.

"I'm sorry for him. He's just a little upset, mentally. " I said making an apologetic face and heard Karan growl inside the car at my remark, then continued. " Don't worry we'll manage. " I assured the driver politely turning to get into the car.

"But mam, Sahas Sir has ordered me to drive you both wherever you are going. He'll be angry if I didn't do my work. " The driver explained making a helpless face.

"It's okay I'll talk to him. You go. " I assured and climbed in the car besides Karan and drove away.

The ride was silent, I wasn't in the mood to start any conversation and he was angry at my ignorance relating to Sahas Uncle.

I don't understand why he's doubting him anyway, I mean, I've known him since our childhood. He loves me like his own child. So there's no point of doubting his intentions. I don't want to loose the last people I've to call as my parental family.

My trance got broken as the car halts. I looked outside to find that we had already reached the temple. After parking the car, we both climbed out and headed inside the temple.

The priest were already waiting for us, ready with all the arrangements. We both greeted him and touched his feet together before heading further inside. Walking, when I looked ahead, my heartbeat picked it's pace and eyes started to burn with tears at the sight of the photo frames placed near the Pooja Place.

Sucking into a sharp breath, I kept walking but stopped after some steps as I realized Karan wasn't besides me anymore.

I turned back, only to find him stood frozen at his place with wide eyes. And then, it clicked to me.

I saw it coming, off course, when we left from Deolali to here. I had imagined those usual accusing eyes being replaced by the guilt filled eyes.

I hope it doesn't turn out as pity later.

I turned my head back to look at the three photo frames of my Grandpa, Dad and Mom. My emotions, that I was pushing down inside me since all these years were now threatening to take over me. But I didn't let them.

" The time is exceeding, child. Let's perform the ritual. " I composed myself as the priest said that and leaving Karan there to handle the shock for himself, walked and took my place beside the Hawan Kund.

All the memories, good and bad, that I had spent with these most precious people of my life, started run in my head, as If I was being taken those times where I had everything, everyone. And where I lost all of it.

"What happened?? " Dad asked.

" Let me go and check. " Suraj uncle said climbing off the car.

"But we are so close. We can just walk." Sid suggested.

"Yeah. Let's go or you guys will miss the flight " Dad agreed getting out of the car and we followed the suit.