(A/N: So, just to make it clear: 1. I am terrible with Kakashi's way of being calm/cool while being a bit witty…you know how he acts. I am trying my best to not make him sound too weird but he may be a bit strange 'as most character's will end up being from time to time'. 2. For the sake of my story I plan on making it take them a decent while to reach the target and locate them that way Naruto's team reaches them around when they do in the anime. So my way of thinking will be that Shikamaru's team is slower so it takes them longer to travel and due to movement they take a while to find the duo. Meanwhile Naruto's team not only is faster but also can follow the sound of fighting which also would spur them to go faster...just wanted to say this now before everyone gets annoyed why there is so much time between the two teams send outs.)

_Naruto_

After the meeting with Tsunade Naruto quickly rushed towards the training ground ready to train till he either got the jutsu or passed out.

"Come on Yamato-sensei let's get back to training!" Naruto told the man as he reached the field waking said ninja from his nap.

"Wha-?" Yamato asks a bit groggily before shacking off his sleepiness. "Oh, Naruto, first let me eat breakfast…what happened to Kakashi by the way?" Yamato asks while happily accepting his meal.

"Well, you see he is taking the place of leader of Asuma-sensei's team for a mission to go after the Akatsuki members who killed Asuma. A mission we will be joining them on tomorrow just as long as I finish this kata. Now, enough talking. Hurry up and eat so I can get this damn jutsu finished!" Naruto ordered Yamato who looked a bit fearful.

"O-okay Naruto but let me eat and then we can get back to it." Yamato told the teen who begrudgingly agreed. "Great so this training has been hell on earth for me already and now he is going to rev it up AGAIN to go on this mission with his girlfriend…sometimes I wish I wasn't the only wood user in Konoha" Yamato thought while trying to enjoy his food as slow as he possibly could without making the blond rage at him because of this. Still, they eventually went back to training.

_Kakashi's team_

It took them a long time to find their target due to them moving around in a seemingly random path. They were currently hiding in the trees about one hundred feet away from the Akatsuki members. Kakashi then looks over to his current team who nodded to him and jumped out of the trees.

"Well would you look at that the brats actually came back to be sacrificed." Hidan told them with a smile on his face.

"No, we came back to defeat both of you once and for all." Ino growled at the man who simply seemed even more amused with them.

*sigh* "It seems these fools won't stop pestering us even though none of them have a bounty for me to take. Just finish them fast, we have a mission to do and bounties to collect." Kakuzu told Hidan.

"Shut the hell up! My Lord demands proper sacrifices." Hidan yelled at his partner.

"Do they always argue? How are they even partners?" Choji couldn't help but think seeing as these two seemed more likely to kill each other rather than work together. He then shook his head and refocused on their plan. He then quickly threw several shuriken at Hidan who dogged them with a simple step to the side.

Hidan then began to rush towards them only to suddenly stop in the middle of the clearing.

"Shadow possession jutsu complete." Shikamaru mumbled with a smirk on his face as he felt the man struggle.