Chapter 40

The snowy owl flies by with a lemming in its mouth. Although it looks a bit dull as a large owl, it is indeed one of the large raptors. No matter it is facing a golden eagle or a fox, it is not afraid. It flies by with a lemming in its mouth every day to fill its stomach by the way.

Because Qi Chu was placed in the wolf den before, the wolf den has become a situation where one wolf and one pit are now. Huo Bei learned his lesson and took Qi Chu with him, wherever he went.

A wolf and a dog walked along the lake. There was an ice hole before, and you couldn't see it unless you looked carefully. This is mainly due to Qi Chu. He took the initiative to cover up the existence of this ice hole, so that those animals that often run on the ice ignored the danger ahead, fell into it, and eventually became the prey of the wolves.

"The ice is melting." As time went by, after mid-March, the temperature changed significantly, and the ice on the frozen lake began to melt. Other animals obviously noticed this. More and more predators came to this lake, and there was a big chase every day.

A fox is using the snow to cover its whereabouts. Its white fur is under the cover of white snow, making it difficult for prey to detect. The rabbit it is targeting is vigilantly poking its head out of the snowdrift, and after a few times of testing outside, it jumps out with confidence. Even so, the range of activities at the beginning is limited to the side of the rabbit hole.

The fox did not attack directly, but instead chose to lie dormant, waiting for the rabbit to completely let go of its vigilance.

Most predators are cunning.

Not far away, Huo Bei and Qi Chu were also circling by the lake, and the wolves planned to hunt a large moose.

Moose is an aggressive prey. Unlike wild deer and roe deer, their antlers often injure other predators. Therefore, when hunting moose, wolves generally choose to act in groups.

On this snowfield, there are hidden dangers everywhere. Countless predators are hungry, staring at their prey, trying to kill them, and then swallow them. There are always countless prey and predator bones buried under the snow.

"The old rules?" Sawyer asked.

"Hmm." Huo Bei glanced at the moose not far away. The adult moose was obviously the best among the moose. It was very big and its antlers looked very impressive. It was not difficult to guess that this moose must have attracted the attention of other moose when it was in estrus. It raised its antlers, looked around, and was alert to the possible attacks of predators at any time.

As usual, Gera was in charge of pulling the line of defense, the brothers Galle and Gano were in charge of luring the moose into the trap, while Sawyer and Herro were in charge of restricting the direction of escape of the moose, and finally Huo Bei was in charge of the main attack.

"What is Qichu going to do?" Sawyer asked, "How do you plan to arrange it?"

Qi Chu also raised his head and looked at Huo Bei. This Siberian wolf obviously didn't sleep well last night. Although the wolf's face was covered with thick wolf fur, no complexion or dark circles could be seen, but its coat color was a little dull. Compared with the past, it looked a little tired.

Huo Bei looked at the moose, and after a moment of silence, he said, "It's responsible for digging the hole."

"What?" Sawyer and the others didn't understand what Huo Bei meant, and asked again; "Dig a hole?"

"Well." Huo Bei glanced at the moose, and then said: "You drive it towards us, Qi Chu digs a hole here, put some dead branches on it to cover it slightly, let the moose fall into the trap, and kill it faster."