Chapter 22: Shut Up

There was already a part of the air hanging under the small rock, but it was not high from the ground, at most two meters. When Huo Bei saw Qi Chu fell, he subconsciously stretched out his claws to catch him, but met Qi Chu with a clearly written cunning expression on his face, so he retracted his claws.

Qi Chu was a little cautious, but not much, it was all on the bright side.

"Wow---" Qi Chu fell firmly into the snowdrift and made a cushion. It didn't hurt, but he just lay down in the snow and couldn't get up. He even buried the dog's head in the snowdrift without making a sound.

"Stand up by yourself, it's not high here, and there's still a snowdrift below, so it won't hurt you if you fall." Huo Bei's voice was like the cold wind in Siberia in March, with a hint of chill, his paws stepped on the slope, and he looked down at Qi Chu who fell expressionlessly: "Get up."

Qi Chu was still lying on the snowdrift without moving, as if he didn't hear what Huo Bei was saying.

"Don't pretend to be dead." Huo Bei stepped on the snow with his paws anxiously. He looked down at Qi Chu who was motionless. After thinking for a moment, he jumped down the slope and walked to Qi Chu's side. He lowered his upper body and leaned over to sniff. He threatened Qi Chu's furry ear, "If you don't get up again, I'll kill you."

Qi Chu was still motionless, as if in a coma, he closed his eyes tightly, and looked limp all over.

Huo Bei became a little irritable, and it walked around Qi Chu twice. The wolf's motionless appearance in the snowdrift made it very unpleasant, so Huo Bei stretched out his paws to push Qi Chu, the soft fur made Huo Bei subconsciously relax the force on the paws.

"Boss." The second son, Sawyer, and the third son, He Luo, had already returned from patrolling the territory. As soon as they came back, they saw Huo Bei standing next to Qi Chu, who was lying on the ground. After a pause, Sawyer stood still and said, "Is there anything we can do?"

Herro glanced at Qichu lying in the snowdrift, his eyes were gloomy and cold, and then said: "Boss, is this wolf really your spouse?"

In fact, when Huo Bei came back, the moment Qi Chu didn't recognize Huo Bei, He Luo had already become suspicious, but from this appearance, the two wolves seemed to be familiar with each other, and there was something wrong no matter how they looked at it, and He Luo couldn't be sure of his judgment for a while.

"..." Huo Bei looked at the wolf lying under his paws, and when he was silent, its eyes fell on Qi Chu's tail.

The whole fluffy tail was suppressed by Qi Chu's body, only the tip of the tail was shaking slightly, and you couldn't find it unless you looked carefully. Huo Bei tilted his head, and a hint of amusement flashed in his long and narrow wolf eyes.

"Boss?" Herro asked again.

"That's what it told you?" Huo Bei raised his eyelids and looked at Herro.

"Yes, it said it was your partner, and you pursued it." Herro also stared at Qi Chu, his eyes getting worse and worse, as if if Huo Bei denied all this, it would immediately tear this wild wolf who dared to deceive them to pieces.

But before He Luo moved, Huo Bei had already stepped over Qi Chu, and when his hind paws were about to press on the opponent's tail again, he found that Qi Chu quickly hid the tip of his tail under his abdomen.

Huo Bei: ...

"I left my scent on it." Huo Bei seemed to be speaking to He Luo, but he turned his head and got close to Qi Chu's ear, the tip of his nose almost touched Qi Chu's furry ear, his ears stood up, and after sensing Huo Bei's approach, he trembled subconsciously.

Huo Bei sneered unrecognizably, then turned to He Luo and continued, "It's mine."

Herro was stunned for a moment, then replied, "Understood, boss."

Sawyer on the side also responded immediately: "Okay, boss."

However, these words fell into the ears of Qi Chu, who was pretending to be unconscious, and only he, the wolf in charge, could understand the hidden threat behind these words.

"Boss, it seems to have passed out. What's the matter?" Sawyer didn't understand how he went out. After returning, the rocks were gone, and Qi Chu passed out, but the wolf leader didn't look anxious at all.

"It fell." Huo Bei hung down slightly, and landed on Qi Chu's body, saying with unknown meaning: "If it likes to lie down, let it lie down, there will always be a time when it wakes up."

"Do you want to move somewhere?" Sawyer asked.

"No, it's right here." Huo Bei stepped over Qi Chu's body, without turning his head, and said, "Let Galle and the others come over, I really want to know what you have been doing these past few days."

As soon as it left on its front feet, Qi Chu half-closed its dog's eyes on its back feet, carefully observing the movement around, trying to find a chance of life, and he was looking for a chance to slip away. After all, he had heard the threat in Huo Bei's words clearly, and there were only four words left in his mind, "This place is not suitable for long."

Hmm... four words.

Qi Chu faintly felt that something was wrong, but under the tense atmosphere, he quickly ignored it.

When Galle came back, he saw Qichu still lying motionless in the snowdrift. He turned his head and said to Gano, "Look, the boss knows how much he loves his partner, so he let him go to rest as soon as he came back."

Jia Nuo looked at Qi Chu who was facing away from them, opened his mouth, and tried to say something, but in the end he didn't say anything, he just responded.

In fact, Huo Bei had long guessed that the wolves had gone astray, which should have something to do with Sawyer, but after being verified, he still couldn't help sighing. Fortunately, the two sides met, and he licked his paws and said, "I killed the brown bear's cubs when I came. If you meet a brown bear, leave immediately."

"When are we going back?" Sawyer asked.

"Tomorrow." Although the injury on Huo Bei's left hind leg has healed a lot, it has not healed after all. It said calmly, "In a little while, the ice and snow will melt, and there will be a lot of prey in that icy lake. We can wait until the time of the reindeer migration."

As the leader of the wolf pack, Huo Bei has many things to consider, especially when his left hind leg is injured, he should be cautious.

It turned its eyes slightly away, and saw Galle staring behind him, Huo Bei also followed its gaze, and found that Qi Chu, who was lying at the bottom of the slope, was about to move under the tree at some point.

A small snowdrift was shoveled out by his body on the ground, and he was pushing the snowdrift forward, looking extremely conspicuous.

"As long as you move a little each time, they won't notice." Qi Chu had this idea in mind, and when he was about to move to the side of the tree trunk, he would run away. It would be very troublesome to chase in the woods, and the distance was large enough, but when he was about to get close to the tree trunk, Qi Chu found the claws that appeared in front of him, his eyes widened suddenly, and he forgot that he was still pretending to be unconscious.

"Where are you going?" Huo Bei's body was huge, but it was almost silent when walking in the snow. It approached Qi Chu: "Are you awake? Let's continue the previous topic when we wake up."

Qi Chu looked at Huo Bei, and before Huo Bei's claws fell, he let out a painful wolf howl.

Huo Bei was stunned. It looked at its paws that hadn't landed on Qi Chu's body, and didn't even touch a hair, but the lying wolf howled weakly and painfully, as if it had suffered some serious injury.

Huo Bei: ...shut up...

It pinched Qi Chu's mouth with one paw, and Qi Chu could only whimper aggrievedly.

The author has something to say:

Small sharing: The husky in my friend's family, every time the friend's father comes, that husky will pretend to be injured, sympathize with it, pretend to scream, and then get a lot of small snacks, small jerky.