Chapter 14: Born Rebellious

There were a series of paw prints on the white snow. Looking along the paw prints, a gray, muscular and smooth Siberian wolf was limping down the mountain. Its hind legs were injured and it was not walking fast.

The snowy owl above his head uttered a series of calls, tilted his head, and flew away.

Huo Bei lowered his head and sniffed the scent, then turned his head to lick the wound on his hind leg, his slightly cold eyes fell on not far away, and further down was the frozen lake, which was obviously completely opposite to the direction he came from before, and he hesitated whether to go this way.

Although Qi Chu's aura disappeared here, but if he continued to walk, it was very possible that he would go further and further away from the wolves.

Just when it was struggling, a sound came from not far behind. This sound was not like the sound of lynx or snow leopard walking through the forest, but more like the sound of a large beast, such as a bear walking through the forest, and its huge body stepped on the broken branches, making the sound.

Huo Bei turned his head and looked in that direction. After a while, he turned his head again and walked towards the ice lake at the foot of the mountain.

He didn't encounter wolves or their scents along the way. Although Huo Bei didn't want to admit it, he had to guess that it was very likely that Sawyer, who lacked a sense of direction, led the wrong way again.

The wolf's fur was distinct, and the tail hung behind him. Huo Bei's hind legs were slightly bent, and he jumped hard. Using the rock next to him as a foothold, he jumped down again and landed on a flat ground down the slope. His paws stepped on the thick snow, but it was not easy to slip.

Even so, it still habitually hooks the tip of its claws firmly to the ground, and takes every step very cautiously, with its ears erected vigilantly, listening to the movements around it.

*

Qi Chu was actually not unconscious, but he was injured twice in a row, and he really couldn't get up. The voices of the wolves discussing next to him fell in his ears, and he could hear them clearly. Not to mention the tail, even his ears moved a little.

Sawyer and the others didn't pay attention, only the old six Jiela, who was observing silently, noticed it. It leaned forward curiously, but seemed unwilling to get too close. It took two steps back, retracted its gaze, turned its head and said: "Galle..."

Galle was in the stage of "I'm emotional and I'm going to make trouble", he turned his head viciously and said, "What are you doing?"

Jella was originally shy and even a little autistic. After being unceremoniously beaten up by Galle, it tucked its tail behind it, shook its head, and stopped talking.

Qi Chu half-closed his eyes, and squinted his eyes to see the autistic old six Jiela with his tail hanging down and his head lowered, and he hid behind a tree trunk not far away.

"Galle." The fourth brother Ganuo suddenly said, and Galle said impatiently, "What are you going to do again?"

"Come up from the foot of the mountain on the side of the ice lake." Gano was used to Galle's attitude, he sniffed the scent, and then said: "The boss is probably on the top."

Galle looked in the direction Garno said, and after thinking for a while, he realized, gritted his teeth and said, "Isn't this the opposite direction!"

Gano nodded, and replied, "Well, maybe we looked in the wrong direction before."

From Qi Chu's side, one could clearly see that Galle's abdomen was heaving violently because of being too angry. Its claws were firmly hooked on the ground, and its fangs were faintly exposed. But when it was a little dissatisfied with the second son Sawyer, the third son Hero was already standing in front of Sawyer, with a pair of wolf eyes showing unkindness, and his voice was threatening: "Galle, what do you want to do?"

The hierarchy of the wolves is extremely strict, and Galle, who is the fifth child, is lower than Sawyer and Herro in terms of rank.

"It doesn't want to do anything." Gano stood among them calmly, blocking Hero's eyes from looking at Galle, and said calmly, "First think about how to go up the mountain, and you have to take it up the mountain."

This "it" refers to Qi Chu, of course, when the other wolves looked over, Qi Chu had already closed his eyes, as if unconscious.

On the fifth day after the wolf's disappearance, the contradictions among the wolves finally came to light. Huo Bei usually suppressed them, and neither Sawyer nor Galle dared to express their dissatisfaction in front of Huo Bei.

They have seen the fate of failing to provoke the alpha wolf, but they don't want to experience it.

So these wolves sat down around Qi Chu, and they formed a circle, waiting for Qi Chu to wake up and lead the way. Being stared at by such a pair of scorching eyes, even though Qi Chu's psychological quality was very strong, he was still uncomfortable. After struggling for a few minutes, he finally couldn't continue acting, and slowly opened his dog eyes.

The wolves in this circle all stretched their heads curiously. After close contact, there was a strange pain in the tail that could not be ignored, and Qi Chu finally sat up reluctantly.

His tail was held down by Galle, and Galle stepped on Qichu's tail, tilted his head and said, "Why is your tail so soft?"

The wolf's tail and fur are relatively hard, but the husky's fur is very soft, very fluffy and soft to the touch, but even so, Qi Chu took a deep breath expressionlessly: "Is this how you treat the tail of the lead wolf's partner?"

Galle: ...

It raised a claw tip.

Although the wounds on Qi Chu's neck and back were not serious, they were no longer bleeding. The blood scabs stuck to his fur, and he was always uncomfortable, with the pain of pulling. With his tail drooping, he walked weakly along the frozen lake.

Fortunately, this mountain is not far from here, otherwise he probably wouldn't be able to find the place.

You can slide down the mountain, but you need to climb up the mountain step by step. Without the smell as a guide, Qi Chu can only rely on the memory in his mind to find a familiar route.

"Where are we going?" The second son, Sawyer, looked at Qi Chu circling around, and asked a little puzzled, "Is this the way to find the boss?"

"First find the place where I fell off the cliff, and then follow the place where I fell to find your boss." Qi Chu licked his paws and climbed up with difficulty: "Otherwise, the mountain is so big, where can I find my way?"

It is not difficult to find the place where the cliff fell, after all, you only need to go to the edge, but if you want to find a wolf in such a snow mountain, it is like looking for a needle in a haystack, very difficult.

Sawyer, who lacked a sense of direction, thought about Qi Chu's words carefully, and it felt very reasonable, and it deserved to be the leader's companion wolf.

Another feature of huskies as sled dogs is that it is difficult for them to obey orders, because they will have their own judgment ability and will only obey the decision of the head dog. When there is no head dog, they will think that they are the head dog, so they only obey their own judgment.

In short, huskies are naturally rebellious, obeying only themselves and not obeying other orders.

And a certain wolf that had already descended the mountain smelled a trace of the breath of wolves, and there was a trace of surprise in its wolf pupils. The breath was very strong, and there was a trace of blood in it.

It raised its paws on the frozen lake, followed its breath, and found the foot of the mountain again. It raised its head in a daze, looked at a certain snow mountain it had just walked down, and fell into deep thought.

The author has something to say:

Qi Chu: Follow me, go back the same way!

Wolves: Aww--

Huo Bei (sighs): ...You guys should stay where you are.

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival, cuties! Let's eat moon cakes together!