Chapter 24: Husky Biscuits

"Boss, the wolves cherish their partners very much, but they can't move their claws on them." Although Sawyer still had doubts about Qi Chu, Huo Bei's words "it belongs to me" made Sawyer temporarily suppress his doubts.

When it acquiesced that this was Huo Bei's spouse, Huo Bei's behavior of "abusing" his spouse went against the habits of the wolves, and Sawyer couldn't stand it anymore, and reminded vaguely: "And it's not in good health."

"I didn't touch it." Huo Bei sighed deeply: "It... oh."

For such an explanation, it is obvious that Sawyer does not believe it. After all, such a scream is not something that ordinary wolves can scream.

There was no longer any objection to the explanation. Huo Bei looked at the limping wolf, suppressing his anger. He threw Sawyer aside and chose to walk by Qi Chu's side. In fact, Qi Chu didn't want to walk with Huo Bei, and his tail was shaking uncomfortably.

The way down the mountain is far more difficult than going up the mountain, mainly because it is slippery, and the snow in some places is relatively fluffy, and it is easy to slip after stepping on it with paws. Qi Chu has no experience in snow walking. The first time he went down the mountain was directly flying off the cliff. Strictly speaking, this is his first time going down the mountain.

There are paw prints of birds and beasts on the white snow. Some birds landed on the dry branches and made crisp calls from time to time. They tilted their heads and watched the wolves passing under the tree.

"I haven't walked this road before, I fell straight down." Qi Chu followed Huo Bei, and explained step by step: "I was chased by the snow leopard and ran to the other side of the cliff. Look at the hair on my neck, I was bitten bald, and my back... almost fell to my death."

Huo Bei's footsteps paused for a while, and his eyes glanced over Qi Chu's back calmly. There was indeed a wound on it, but it was covered by his hair before, so he didn't notice it immediately.

"I survived a catastrophe, so I will surely have a future blessing." Qi Chu said helplessly: "When I fell, I thought I would never see you again. At that time, I..."

"What was it then?" Huo Bei asked.

Qi Chu didn't expect that Huo Bei would speak suddenly, so he froze for a moment, faltering for a while before saying: "I... thought I would never see you again."

Its fluffy ears were raised slightly because of guilty conscience, and the whole husky looked a little decadent, even its tail was raised behind it, only the tip of the tail was slightly raised.

"Do you really want to see me?" Huo Bei was silent for a moment, then scanned Qi Chu's face twice.

Its voice was slightly low, with a hint of doubt. After Qi Chu was stared at by it, he felt as if a heavy burden was on his back, and he had to carefully consider every word, so he nodded his head and said sincerely: "Of course, otherwise, I wouldn't have worked so hard to follow your pack of wolves, just to see you again."

The coldness in Huo Bei's pupils faded a little. He walked over and looked at the wound on Qi Chu's back, and said in a low voice, "You are too weak."

This sentence doesn't sound good, but it is true. As a novice husky, Qi Chu is not good at hunting. In the eyes of this top predator, although it is of the same kind, it is indeed too weak.

It is difficult for weak animals to survive in such a cruel nature.

When Qi Chu was about to speak, Jia Le and Jia Nuo behind him started arguing about something. The two wolves fought. Galle slipped and rolled down the slope.

Galle's fangs were almost touching Qi Chu, but it was the only wolf that rolled down in the end.

"Wow--" Galle let out a wolf howl unwillingly lying on the snow.

By the time the wolves came down from the mountain, it was already dark. With the roar of wild animals in the woods, Huo Bei raised his head and let out a long wolf howl, and the other pack of wolves also howled.

For Qi Chu to hear the recognizable wolf howl, Huo Bei endured it, and finally couldn't bear it anymore.

"Did you ever hurt your throat when you were a child?" Huo Bei turned his head and asked.

"No...probably not." Qi Chu knew that his voice was a little weak, he took a step back and said: "I didn't perform well, I can call again."

"No need." Huo Bei had never heard Qi Chu yell out a complete wolf howl, just this scream, very recognizable, as if he had been beaten.

It estimated that Qi Chu would bark a few more times, and the hat of "abusing partner" would really be stuck on his head, and he couldn't take it off.

In the frozen lake in March, the ice is very thick. Occasionally, there are wild beasts that prey and lie in ambush in the woods near the frozen lake, but generally they will not confront the wolves head-on. Huobei's wolf pack is not that big, even a little small compared to those packs of dozens of wolves.

But the wolf headed by Huo Bei, as well as the other wolves in the wolf pack, are extremely powerful and good at group combat. Within their territory, other wolves are not willing to have any direct conflict with them.

It's just that when passing by the icy lake, Qi Chu's paws stepped on it and slipped a little. Its sharp claws were not as sharp as those of wolves, and it wasn't very stable when hooking the ground, but its walking speed had to keep up with the wolves, and its limbs were uncoordinated for a while.

The husky gliding past with its belly against the ice looks like a husky cake.

The author has something to say:

Low EQ (Galle): It sounds like a scream.