Chapter 27: I Protect You

Generally, the moulting period of wolves is in spring, which belongs to the estrus period. At this time, wolves will always shed their hair, and there will be a large cluster if they are caught casually. Often, wolves in estrus will not look good, and the moulting period of female wolves will be later than that of male wolves.

Huskies are different. Dogs with fluffy fluffy hair will only lose their hair twice a year, but once every six months.

Huo Bei, who is a Siberian wolf, didn't understand this. He leaned over to sniff Qichu's scent, and then looked at the place where Qichu's hair fell. In fact, the fur is so thick that after losing two tufts, he can't find any baldness at all.

"Did you lose your hair so badly before?" Huo Bei looked down at Qi Chu, and the wolf's cold eyes fell on his body, making Qi Chu feel a chill down his back. Before he could answer, Huo Bei continued: "How do you survive the winter like this?"

Siberian winters are so cold that even beasts protected by thick fur can suffer, without which they would simply freeze to death.

Qi Chu thought about it carefully, and said, "After you lose your hair, don't you grow any more hair?"

When there is hair loss, of course there is a time when hair grows. Now it is March. By the end of the month, when the weather gets warmer and spring in Siberia begins, even wolves will start to shed their hair.

But in winter, wolves will put on new fur, which is still very warm.

Old Six Jiela always liked to hide behind tree trunks, and had a very weak sense of presence. It cast its gaze from the bushes, and after meeting Huo Bei's gaze, it immediately took a step back, with its tail tucked behind it.

"The brown bear's voice is coming from the east, so be prepared." Huo Bei's voice was slightly low, and he took a step forward, blocking between Qi Chu and Jiela, and said calmly, "If there is any problem, let us know immediately."

Although Jela doesn't like to talk, she is very alert and is very sensitive to some troubles. It is the best choice for him to observe.

After finishing speaking, Huo Bei walked towards the other side. Qi Chu was still where he was, but Huo Bei suddenly turned his head and whispered: "What are you doing in a daze? Do you want me to tell you what you should do?"

Qi Chu hurriedly followed behind Huo Bei, stepping on the fluffy snow, leaving a series of paw prints on it.

Just as Huo Bei expected, the angry brown bear was walking towards this side. It had killed a pair of wolf cubs before, but after going back, it found that its own cubs had also been killed, and the breath of the damned wolf remained beside the den.

In Siberia, because of food, territory, and natural living environment, although bears and wolves are not natural enemies, they will directly kill each other's cubs when they encounter each other.

Huge bear claws left deep claw marks in the snow.

The brown bear came quickly, and Jela, who had been on alert, was the first to spot it. He immediately turned his head and notified the wolves. The Garno brothers who were in charge of the trap that lured the prey into the trap rushed out immediately. One of them stood in the grass, and the other was in the middle. They were very conspicuous. The angry brown bear spotted them immediately.

"Go! Aww--" Galle raised his head and howled like a wolf, then immediately turned his head and ran towards the icy lake that they used as a natural hunting ground, followed by Gano. Whenever the brown bear strayed a bit, Gano would correct its pursuit direction.

Under Galle's repeated provocations, the brown bear roared angrily, resenting the old and the new.

This roar made Qi Chu, who was not far away, feel his scalp tingling. The last time he saw a brown bear was the first day he became a husky. He tried to jump off a cliff to understand life, but he saw a brown bear scratching a tree in the woods on a not-so-high hillside.

With huge bear paws and a very large body, Qi Chu, who had only seen brown bears in zoos in the past, faced the oppressive feeling brought by the wild beasts. This husky, who knows the times, chose to turn around and leave.

But this time, the distance between him and the brown bear was narrowed again, and the fur on Qi Chu's back stood up because of tension. He glanced at Huo Bei next to him, and moved a little distance towards it, but Huo Bei didn't seem to notice.

Qi Chu quietly took a look at Huo Bei, then moved his body again, closing the distance between him and Huo Bei.

The closer you are, the more secure you feel. Huo Bei has no expression on his wolf face, and his calm appearance makes Qi Chu feel full of security.

Just when he was about to move closer again, Huo Bei squinted at him, and there was a trace of helplessness in the wolf's long and narrow eyes: "What do you want to do?"

Huo Bei suddenly opened his mouth and asked Qi Chu to squat on the ground. His furry ears pressed down slightly, shook his head, and said nonsense solemnly: "I want to protect you, so stay closer to you. Be careful, this brown bear is very dangerous."

"..." Huo Bei glanced at Qi Chu, who was a circle smaller than himself and was supported by fur, a hint of amusement flashed in his eyes, and immediately took a step back, pushing Qi Chu forward and saying, "Okay."

neat and smart:......? ? ! ! !

He suddenly turned his head to look at Huo Bei, unable to hide the shock on his face, he was just talking, but he didn't expect Huo Bei to take it seriously!

The author has something to say:

Qi Chu: Hurry up! Take that sentence back!