|69| Spring just begun

Spring just begun
Haiku by Trisha M. Valdez

The time the sun shines,

Some flowers bloom, some did not-

Spring just begun.

From the author:

This haiku reflects the essence of time, highlighting its diverse facets. The sun, as it radiates its warmth, becomes the emblem of a new day, signifying the moment of sunrise or the dissipation of clouds. The blossoming flowers serve as metaphors for people—those who have achieved success symbolized by blooming, and those who have faced setbacks represented by buds yet to open. Persistence and effort are acknowledged, as those who haven't bloomed are encouraged to keep striving; their time for success will eventually arrive, as change is inevitable.

Spring, the season of renewal and growth, further underscores the theme of new beginnings. The poem underscores the uniqueness of each individual's journey, emphasizing that success and failure have their own appointed times. The analogy of different kinds of flowers reinforces the idea that comparing oneself to others is futile. Instead, the focus is on embracing one's individuality, patiently awaiting the arrival of their designated season. As the haiku concludes, it carries a message of optimism—spring has just begun, ushering in new opportunities and the promise of a time for everything.