|49| Deep Slumber

Deep Slumber

Figurative poem by Abegail A. Valenciano

Tonight, I'm in a slumber wrapped in a blanket of deception,

Daydreaming with the lulling embrace of cloud,

creating a beauty out of destruction.

No! Don't you ever wake me up— 

I'll never let myself get tied with torment,

In here, there's no howling of the wind and growling of thunder in the evening firmament.

The sultry air caresses my skin like a frail lakes

Enchantingly, I'm in the midst of winter dancing with the snowflakes.

From the author:

Creating a piece of art doesn't just include a human, moreover, nature can also be utilize in portraying the emotions of a poetry; this is called Figurative Poetry laced with personification. I used the natures to create a cluster of imageries. The poem picturesquely embodied the nature of humans who constantly hope as well as suffer. We live in the world, we all must suffer, we all must face the heavy pain it carries into our lives. Constantly yearning for comfort and love are the nature of humans. 

This virtual world offers peace and solitude. Introducing a world where there is a fountainhead of happiness that fortifies the need of the speaker's heart that reality always fail to offer. It is a virtual world where they can feed their hunger for freedom and peace with deception. Where everything could be beauteously crafted with lies. 

The moods convey in the language are hope for placidity and solace. Nevertheless, reality is a rigid air that we can never escape from. It will repeatedly throw us to the place where we truly belong. Nonetheless, the speaker can carry and engrave to their core being the peace and solitude the nature effectuates.