|12| Everyday is a New Day

Everyday is a New Day
Haiku by Buencillo, Crystal Joy T.

A flower starts to bloom,

Birds singing in growing trees,

The spring warms my kind heart.

From the author:

In this poem, I've employed symbolic nouns to convey deeper meanings. The blooming flower represents the emergence of new beginnings, while the melodious birdsong in burgeoning trees signals the approach of spring, symbolizing our anticipation and excitement for the dawn of a new day or chapter in our lives.

Spring, nestled between winter and summer, becomes a metaphor for rebirth and fresh starts. As trees, flowers, and plants begin to flourish, even in a place like the Philippines, where we don't experience spring, I've gleaned insights from its warmth portrayed in Korean dramas.

Extending this metaphor to life, spring becomes synonymous with new opportunities and the prospect of rejuvenation. Similar to the changing seasons, we encounter life's winters, filled with coldness and challenges, yet these obstacles can be overcome, leading us to the metaphorical spring of fresh beginnings. In our dynamic world, change is an ever-present constant.

We are in perpetual motion, never stagnant. Opportunities and new beginnings perpetually knock at our door. Each day unfolds uniquely, distinct from the one before. Recognizing this, we understand that yesterday differs from today, just as today will differ from tomorrow. To fully embrace and navigate these changes, preparation and a resilient mindset become essential.