Chapter 95 - Outlook on life

A/N: I'm sorry, but smut will be next time. And I'll have a busy weekend, so I post a chapter a little earlier

***

The girls argued for a while, then it was time for Mikasa to leave to get ready. Hitch, as promised, stayed with Y/N to prepare for the evening.

- How much did I say yesterday?

- You were frank yesterday, which is very unusual for you.

- I can't drink so much, God, I'm getting too careless.

- You know, I think that you keep too much to yourself, and yesterday just some of your emotions broke out in the form of strange, slightly inappropriate revelations. But neither I nor Mikasa are judging you, there was nothing unusual in what you said. Ordinary things from the couple's personal life. I'm even a little pleased that you opened up.

- I'm embarrassed by this.

- It's all right, Y/N, don't worry. Maybe you needed it. I can see that you've been sad since the news of the trip came out. You are sad because Armin will leave. You behave more quietly than usual, and often... you're floating somewhere. If so, you can talk to me.

- Thank you, Hitch... I really feel sad lately. Everything was just starting to get better for us, and now he will leave, and we will not see each other...

- It's only for a couple of months, he'll be back, it's just a business trip.

- I know... Armin said that they have a plan for two months, but if something goes wrong, it will most likely be longer. And I understand that this is a business trip. It's just... it's hard for me to admit that I don't want him to leave. And you know... if I were him, I would also put work in the first place, since it's important for the whole island, but... it's difficult for me, as his girlfriend.

- You can handle it, because there are holidays ahead, a festive week in the palace, we will have fun. And now Mikasa also knows about you and Armin, she will also support you if you need it. I think everything will be fine. But still... talk to Armin about your feelings. I think it will get easier later, and it will be important for him to know about your feelings.

- I understand that I need to talk to him, but it seems to me that after this conversation it will only be harder for him. When he told about the trip, he said that he couldn't refuse, that he didn't want to leave me... it's not easy for him, and then there's me with my whining...

- It's not whining. It's okay to miss the person you care about.

- It's just... I didn't think that I would ever act like... like a fool in love...

She hid her face in her hands, sighing in frustration.

- Let's get ready, you have a fun evening ahead of you.

- And again a lot of alcohol and food.

- So don't drink if you don't like the consequences.

- But it's such an occasion that it's hard to resist.

The girls went to get ready. Y/N helped Hitch curled her hair a little, and Hitch braided for Y/N two small braids from the temples, which then connected at the back of her head and disappeared into her long hair. A white ribbon was woven into the braids - one of the attributes of "bridesmaids". Initially, Historia offered everyone to wear the same dress, but no one really liked this idea. Then, there was an idea to make dresses from the same fabric, but then everyone had different preferences and it was all quite difficult. As a result, they settled on the fact that all the girls use white silk ribbons in their outfits. Y/N decided to weave a ribbon into her hair, because in principle she often liked to do this. Hitch decided to use the ribbon around her forearm.