Chapter 56 - Blend

Y/N woke up with pain in her neck. The room was dark, but she could see objects in the room. She looked at the time on her watch - 4:45. «Sleeping sitting up is just awful... God, my neck hurts...» She got up from the couch, stretching. She carefully folded the blanket and returned it to the closet. She looked at the coffee table - the cups and teapot were gone, the book on hematology lay closed with a folded corner. There was also a glass of water on the table. A soft smile appeared on her face.

Last night significantly improved her relationship with Levi. He finally realized that he had behaved disgustingly with her all these months, which pleased Y/N. As a doctor, she understood how important a positive attitude is. And she was pleased to just talk to him again, and not swear and listen to reproaches.

Y/N looked around - there was no light in other rooms, so he was probably asleep. She decided not to pick up her book. She quickly wrote a note for him and left it on the table. Then, took things and left. It was quiet outside, and she didn't meet a single person on her way home. It was Saturday morning, which means it was the weekend. But not for her. Even though she didn't have a morning round at the hospital, she met people from Hizuru during the day, and then the night shift at the hospital awaited her.

Like she said, she didn't have days off.

***

After working days, Y/N had a free morning on Monday. Today, Dr. Lawrence was supposed to go to Levi's in the morning, which means Y/N had time. She decided not to waste this morning and finally go to the «Eldian agency», where her friends worked, and where she was listed as an employee, but didn't really appear there. She didn't like to go there, because politics didn't interest her at all. She could give some advice on her part, but to participate in the development of some policies, social movements - no, it wasn't hers. She tried to keep her contacts to a minimum, perfectly aware of her personal qualities, among which there were no diplomatic talents. During these six months, while she was talking with Pieck, she noticed one quality of Y/N, which she told her without hesitation - when she disagreed with something or was dissatisfied - she had a certain expression on her face, as she said «as if you're about to strangle someone». And it was also incredibly difficult for her to communicate with people who couldn't understand her thoughts, and at the same time still insist their absolutely unreasoned position. After this conversation, Y/N realized that this was a sign, and practically stopped showing up at meetings, learning everything from Reiner at their meetings or directly from the guys when they met in the evenings.

She entered a large building with columns, on the roof of which various flags were fluttering. «Embassy...» At the entrance she was asked for documents, which she kindly provided. Going inside, she immediately felt an unpleasant aftertaste, this building brought back unpleasant memories. It was here that she always saw Armin and Annie... together. Actually, that's why she didn't like to be here.

- Y/N! What a surprise!

Pieck ran up to her, hugging the girl. She wore the classic gray pencil-skirt suit that women working in this building were supposed to wear. «Another reason I hate being here» Y/N didn't like the local «uniform». She, like the rest, was given several of the same type of costumes. She once tried to wear «It», but in the end she never showed herself to other people in this, preferring a personally purchased maroon trouser suit with wide trousers and a high waist. She didn't like skirts at all, she liked dresses, but not skirts. Work clothes from the hospital were more comfortable: they were overalls (white and light blue), white suits, light-colored shirts, gowns, which were sewn from a pleasant lightweight material, since the doctors worked in difficult conditions and they needed comfort. And, unlike «this place», where women had to wear skirts, the hospital was more gender-neutral.