Chapter 58 - Live again

- Y/N

- Mmm...

- Wake up, we got there.

Y/N opened her eyes. She was in the ship's cabin, Levi sitting next to her in his wheelchair. She didn't feel the movement of the ship. He was right. They got there.

Quickly taking their bags, she gave one to Levi and wheeled him out. Stepping outside, she saw a familiar port. «Home...» The port has already been rebuilt after they helped destroy it a year ago. They arrived on Paradis on one of the Hizuru's ships, who were actively cooperating with Paradis while still helping the island develop. Y/N knew a lot about this collaboration through her work. And, she knew that cooperation with Hizuru was established not through military structures, but directly through the royal council. Therefore, she hoped to meet one of the royal guards here at the port in order to... get to the Capital without any problems. She assumed that otherwise they might get in trouble.

She began to wheeled Levi down the gangplank, looking around herself for a familiar face or shape. As she descended, she began to get nervous as the local workers and soldiers of the Garrison began to give them suspicious looks. Y/N feared that they would be recognized soon.

- So, what is next?

- Don't bother me, I think.

Suddenly she saw a familiar mop of red hair in the crowd.

- Hold my bag, I'm be right back.

- You seriously want to leave me here just...

She didn't hear him, she ran through the crowd, afraid of being late. Cautiously approaching, she saw the man wearing the uniform of the royal guard.

- Oscar?

The man turned around. A warm smile appeared on his face.

- Y/N?! Oh my God!

He quickly hugged Y/N.

- How long have I not seen you! Damian will be happy! Are you back from the mainland? But how? When and...

- Right now... I was so afraid that there would be no one I knew in the port, we wouldn't have coped with it alone...

- We? Is there someone else with you?

- «Yes», Y/N said, pointing to Levi, who was looking nervously in her direction, «can you help us get to the Capital?»

- «No problem. We are now loading some equipment and taking the train to Mitras», Oscar answered. «That's... Captain Levi from the Survey Corps, right?»

- Yeah, just don't talk to him, ever since he got into this position... he's not the best conversationalist.

- He's a veteran, that deserves respect.

- He thinks it's a pity, that's why I say it.

- Okay, got it. Come, I will accompany you.

***

As it turned out, during this year, Paradis has changed a lot. And it wasn't even a matter of public sentiments... Everything became... modern, more developed... The railway now ran to the Capital. Now there were no walls on the island. They passed dilapidated villages and towns. Oscar told Y/N and Levi how things were going. The restoration of residential settlements, first of all, of large cities, was in full swing. During the Rumbling throughout Paradis, many people died and many were seriously injured. Many managers, rare specialists, inventors died. At first it was hard, but then Hizuru came to their aid with a proposal for cooperation. This was their salvation. Now, with the help of Hizuru, Paradis flourished.