Chapter 59 - A place where everything is changing

A week later, Y/N went to Shiganshina with Levi. While on the train, Y/N thought about everything going on around her.

Almost four months had passed since their return to Paradis, which had gone too fast. Y/N almost immediately began to work, which lasted three months. Working in the clinic gave her an understanding of what is happening around. She began to understand people better.

From the first days of work, her colleagues looked at her suspiciously, some even spoke out in her direction, but... this didn't last long. She quickly earned their respect as a talented doctor and an honest person. She didn't quarrel with them, didn't argue, didn't try to prove something. She just did everything in her power, she did her job. In the end, many in her surroundings - her patients and colleagues realized that what was happened - in the past for each of them. That the whole world suffered from The Rumbling, and... that what Eren did could be considered right or wrong, the only thing that mattered was how they lived on. Y/N often liked to say that «it doesn't matter where the help comes from, as long as it's selfless and will benefit both parties»

When she left, she was surprised at how many of her colleagues regretted her departure. Many people said that she was a talented doctor, that they would like to work with her to find out what she knew. What it was a pleasure to work with her. But Y/N understood that it was an «easy» way. Work in a clinic in the Capital. It won't change anything for her. And what she had already achieved was already enough. It was necessary to continue.

She quit her job because Historia told her about the development of the Underground City project. Namely, they planned to open a hospital down there. This would help the lower ranks of the population. Upon hearing this idea, Y/N immediately proposed her candidacy. And... Historia made her the head doctor, trusting the girl. They had talked a lot over the past months, Historia knew in detail what had happened since they had last seen each other. They resumed their Saturday meetings, only now they were always joined by Sasha, and sometimes by Hitch. Niccolo always worked on Saturday, and Sasha was bored at home alone. They formed a kind of «club», where they talked about everything, leaving global problems at the door.

Historia talked about her family, which the girls always touched. Historia's husband didnt like the Capital, preferring to spend time in their countryside residence. He was a simple man, and all these palace dramas were foreign to him. But from time to time he still appeared in the palace. He wasn't very outgoing, but... he loved Historia, you could tell by the way he looked at her. Their family was often a topic for «tenderness».

Sasha also spoke about her life with Niccolo, about what he had cooked for her this week, about how his work in the restaurant went, about how they dreamed of a better life together. They wanted to find an apartment closer to the palace, and Niccolo wanted to open his own restaurant, in which Sasha undoubtedly supported him. When Historia began to ask Sasha about the «development» of their relationship, marriage, family... Sasha blushed, but replied that they didn't discuss it yet, realizing that both were too busy and too young for this. They were comfortable together, and Y/N supported Sasha. Y/N didn't see anything special in marriage, her parents were never married, but lived together for over 20 years, being faithful to each other. And the children... they were all too young for this, only Historia decided on it... But, they were all different, and saw their life differently. That was the beauty of their conversations - different points of view.

About different points of view... If Historia and Sasha were in a stable long-term relationship, Hitch was on a completely different end of the spectrum, meeting someone new every week. She was still looking for someone who would hook her, but... so far, it had been unsuccessful. Historia, Sasha, and Y/N were very fond of hearing about Hitch's adventures, and especially her «research» on men. She was very straightforward, asking all her questions without shame, using all her charm and beauty. She was very enlightened in many things regarding relationships, but at the same time... couldn't find a permanent partner, which, although frustrating, she quite liked to go on two or three dates and end it.