Chapter 53 - Selflessness and selfishness

There was only the noise of the engines in the cabin. Everyone wondered how many more people they would lose before this will be over. Hange meant a lot to almost every one of them. Friend, mentor, commander, strong person.

Y/N was sitting on the floor in the corner, her knees pressed to her and her head hidden. She wasn't crying anymore, but she was still in pain. She understood that Hange had made this decision consciously, and they should all respect that. They was their commander and gave their life, so that they could achieve their goal. This means that they must achieve their goal. So she must return home. She needs to get out of this shit. And live. To live, otherwise all these sacrifices will be in vain.

Another battle lay ahead of them, where they would either win or die. One thing Y/N has learned for sure in all this time is that Eren isn't worth saving. No matter how good a friend he was in the past, everything he created and all the consequences of his actions changed everything. At least for her. She understood that Mikasa and Armin would turn a blind eye to everything that happened to the last. Her father always told her that every life is worth saving her. But it wasn't. If a person destroys thousands of innocent people, burns continents on a whim - such a person isn't worth saving. «I won't be a doctor, dad» She now dreamed of going back to the moment she last spoke with Eren. She would like not to restrain herself and get to the bottom of him. Knock out all this nonsense that filled his head. She still couldn't understand how it was possible to be so inhuman. She understood that Eren saw the good in what was happening - the good for his loved ones. But it was so... selfish. Every life is equally valuable, but not every life is worth saving. There were many people in the world who didn't even think about destroying them. It was just an opinion spread by the rich and powerful. Ordinary people didn't deserve this. However, no one deserved it. She kept sitting and remembering how she and Eren became close, as both believed that the world was unfair. And how far away from that they were now...

- Well, let's discuss our plan.

Armin returned from the control room, where he was talking to Onyankopon about where they were going. Fort Salta. They had to have enough fuel back to back. They had time to discuss what exactly they were going to do when they got there. Entering the passenger cabin, he saw his defeated, grieving comrades. But now he was in charge. He must fulfill this role. He must save them.

Armin sat down on the floor between the seats where everyone else was sitting so that he could see everyone. He began sketching the Founding titan.

- Captain, Pieck, did you see the Founding titan, did it look something like this?

- «Yes... but, I didn't really see it», Pieck answered him. «Basically, it's a fucking big pile of walking bones, sort of like a bug. In theory, the controlling body should be at the base of the skull»

- «But it's not accurate, if you remember the Warhammer», said Levi.

- «In short, we don't know where Eren is», Armin stated.

- «So what? You can just destroy the whole titan», Pieck said. «How you once destroyed the port of Liberio. If it's your Colossal titan...»

- That's right... that's the most effective way... But only if negotiations with Eren reach an impasse... If there's no other way to stop him... As a last resort...

Y/N listened to all this and laughed bitterly in her head without raising her head. She felt that everything would end badly. Everyone else listened to Armin and considered how they should proceed. Except her.

- «Don't dwell on it. Eren controls the Founding titan through Zeke», Levi said, «Kill Zeke and the Rumbling will stop»

- You know... Maybe you're right...