Chapter 91 - Dates

Already on Saturday Y/N received a letter from Armin. He asked her out on a Wednesday night. He wasted no time. Y/N was happy about this, but still didn't want them to be too hasty.

On Wednesday they went on a date - Armin invited Y/N to the cafe where they were hiding from the rain on their first date. He thought it would be symbolic for both of them.

They spent the evening together. After work, they met and went to that cafe. They sat in this cafe until closing, trying different onigiri and just talking to each other. They talked about the past, about the present, but... each of them was afraid to talk about the future... As if, having voiced their dreams and desires, they wouldn't come true. However, their conversation was very easy and casual. Afterwards, Armin walked her home. At the end - they hugged, standing in front of the door to Y/N's apartment.

A week later, Armin asked Y/N out on a date again. This time - he invited her to the theater. It was unusual for both of them - it was some kind of dramatic play about lovers with a very sad ending, but still - they both liked it. After - they went for a walk in the evening capital. Y/N told Armin about how her dad took her to the theater a long time ago, but the performances were more... positive. Armin told Y/N about what was going on at work – that a trip to other continents was planned soon... He wasn't yet ready to tell her that he would most likely have to leave too... he hoped that he would still be able to not to go, but... the probability of this was very small. He himself understood that his presence would be necessary, he had influence, and this will be the second trip of this format for him, but this will be the first trip on behalf of Paradis. Everything must go well so that they leave a positive image of themselves in other countries...

Y/N listened with interest to Armin's stories about work - although diplomatic work was alien to her, nevertheless, she was interested in what he did. She gave him his point of view on some problems, questions, not only as an engineer and scientist, but also as an ordinary person, his friend, an educated person. Y/N shared with him her experience of working with people from Hizuru, with whom she had long built a trusting relationship. She shared with him a dream - to visit this wonderful country. She told him about how she met the smugglers from the East, told him about how she and Levi went to the tea ceremony. She began to tell him about her relationship with Levi, hoping that after learning more, Armin would feel more at ease and more confident in their relationship.

They walked for a long time, as it was a day off. Already at night, they took hot drinks at the square in front of Y/N's apartment block and watched the performances of street musicians late at night. Then - Armin again just escorted her home, but... this time Y/N gave him a kiss on the cheek, causing Armin's cheeks and ears to turn red.

***

Third date.

It was the last weekend in October.

It was already the middle of autumn in the capital. The sun wasn't so warm anymore, the days were getting shorter. Often, it was drizzling outside and north winds were blowing.

Y/N was getting ready for the date with Armin. It was Saturday. Today, Armin invited her to just walk together and decide where they want to go along the way. Both of them loved walking around the city, each time finding new beautiful streets of the huge capital. Y/N has put on dark green trousers today with a milk-colored sweater. On top of that – she threw on her coat – it was cold enough outside.

Her work has become a little quieter in recent weeks. They methodically worked on orders for military equipment, equipment for the Garrison. Y/N built a system of interactions with the workers — once a week she sent requests for reports on the results that Hitch was working on. Hitch was also pleased that Y/N began to trust her more. Also, once a week, Y/N arranged meetings with her deputy, who told her about the situation in the factories and plants for the extraction of minerals and minerals. And... every Thursday she devoted herself to work in the Underground City with Levi. They interacted with engineers at the construction site, and as part of a development project, work began to improve the overall infrastructure of the Underground City, where they both also took part.