Chapter 6 - Partners

***

After lunch, the strength training was scheduled. When Y/N came to the training ground, many cadets were already there. She moved away from the others, leaned against the fence, and began to wait for the start of the training, thinking about what she would have to do. By nature, she wasn't strong, couldn't lift heavy weights, and even more - to fight with someone. When she was trained to use the ODM, at first, it was difficult for her to wear all the equipment on herself for more than half an hour. But she continued to train, and over time, the body got used to the constant load. But it still doesn't compare to fighting another person. She was agile and flexible, and her only hope was in her ability to dodge hits.

Commandant Sadies was engaged in strength training with them. The first thing they did was the run. As the Commandant clarified, now they are running without equipment. Later, they expected simulations of real conditions for performing various tasks.

After everyone finished their run and warmed up, the Commandant ordered everyone to split into pairs.

- TODAY YOUR TASK WILL BE AS MANY AS POSSIBLE TO PUT YOUR OPPONENT ON THE GROUND WITHOUT THE USE OF ANY DEVICES! LET'S SEE WHAT YOU'RE GOOD FOR!

Everyone began to pair up, and Y/N stood in the middle of it all with one thought: «Not this. I will not be able to beat anyone, which means they will beat me. Why??»

- Hey Y/N, do you have a partner yet? Do you mind if I'm pairing with you?

She was approached by the girl Mina, who had previously tried to talk to her. «She's kind enough to me, maybe that's not the worst option», Y/N thought.

- No, I don't mind being paired with you today, Mina.

- Well, really, I don't know how to fight. I don't like violence, to be honest. But this doesn't apply to battles with the titans, of course. Don't think that I'm a coward.

- It's okay, I don't know how to fight either. More precisely, I know a couple of tricks, but I'm not one of those who will confidently get into a fight with someone when everything can be solved diplomatically.

- Understandably. We both don't like to fight, and neither of us will start them. What are we doing then?

- I propose for a start - to see how things go with others. And then, we'll decide.

And it was a good suggestion: as a result, after 5 minutes the Commandant left, leaving the cadets at their own disposal. Almost everyone stopped attacking each other, the majority began to just grimace and chat with each other. Although there were those who still tried to complete the task of the Commandant, despite the chaos taking place around.

- So we didn't have to fight, well just figure out what to say to the Commandant, if it, of course, will be interesting to him.

- Maybe.

Mina decided to go to her acquaintances so as not to stand in silence with Y/N. Y/N went to the fence, climbed on it, and sat down to watch what was happening. And at some point, her thoughts were already somewhere not here...

- Mikasa, I don't think this is a good idea. What if I cripple you...

- Armin, stop it. You have to start somewhere. When we were children, you never fought back when you were beaten, but now we have become members of the cadet corps and then the Survey Corps. Sometimes, you have to fight.

- But we will mainly fight with the titans, why do all this...

- Look, Eren and I won't always be there to help you in a fight.