Chapter 25 - Can we have a least some peace?

Then everything happened quickly.

After what happened in Orvud, rumors about Historia quickly spread to the Capital. And with the support of the Order of the Walls and the top military structures, she was accepted as the new queen without any obstacles. Most of the scouts after Orvud went to Trost to notify the remaining military forces about the «return of the Survey corps» to life and get some rest before the upcoming events.

Y/N headed for the Capital with Commander Erwin and Historia. She wasn't particularly eager to return to the Capital after everything that had happened. She wished she could stay with her friends and get some rest as well, but she also knew she had to support Historia.

Upon arrival, the commander began to deal with political issues regarding the coronation - he and other military men gathered a council at which they discussed the details of what had happened in recent weeks. Y/N showed Historia the palace and the Capital itself. The girls enjoyed each other's company. In the palace, Y/N told Historia different stories from her childhood, how she eavesdropped on the conversations of adults, how she stole all sorts of goodies from the royal kitchen. She showed her a garden where flowers always bloomed no matter the time of year, which Y/N explained to Historia:

- They treat all the plantings with special fertilizers that stimulate the plants. Here the climate is quite moderate - there's no winter as such, it just becomes cool and windy. And since the climate allows, an evergreen garden was arranged for the king.

- Will they continue to look after it when I'm become a queen?

- If you want, they will. The servants here are all kind people, really. The royal guards... I can't say anything about them. They're bound to be loyal to the king, but now... It may be necessary to renew the composition of the guard.

- Do you think I'll be a good queen?

- You know, I don't even know, I don't think that the queen should be exactly good. Not everyone will like your actions, but you'll have to think not about what this or that person will say, but about how it'll be better for everyone at once. Which solution will benefit the majority. Unfortunately, sometimes you can't please everyone. But it's also worth doing the right thing.

- «When I gather the royal council, I'll leave a place for you», Historia took Y/N's hand, causing her to blush. «If you really want»

- H-Historia... I... I'm only 15 years old, I don't think it would be appropriate. You should choose experienced military men there and perhaps some statesmen. There are many different smart people living in the Capital who didn't support the actions of the previous king. I'm just a girl, I haven't even killed a single titan in my life.

- But, I don't know them. These people. And you're kind to me, and most importantly, that you're honest with me. I like it. After Ymir left me, it was hard for me to trust anyone. She was my only friend. Real friend. Although I talked with others, it was still not the same. Do you understand?

- «I understand», Y/N answered her. Her situation with Armin came to mind.

- And now, after our conversation in Orvud, for some reason I want to make friends with you.

While the girls were standing in the garden and chatting, someone noticed them.

- Y/N! YOU'RE BACK!

The girls turned towards the voice.

- «Damian? What are you doing here... oh», Y/N grinned and shook her head, «your father is a doctor. I forget all the time»

- «After what happened, I wasn't sure that I would see you again», he came close to her and hugged her tightly, not paying attention to the fact that they weren't alone. «I was worried when I found out that you were injured and...»