Chapter 22 - Escape

***

TW: violence - If you're not comfortable with mentions of violence and violent behavior - please, consider skipping this chapter

***

- Hmm, well, good afternoon, Y/N.

- «G-gentlemen», Y/N got scared. She did her best to hide the remaining plans in her bag as discreetly as possible.

- So, Lord Reiss was right. This morning we received news from him that you studied in the cadet corps with his daughter. And he suggested that as a result you chose the Survey corps, because you didn't get into the top ten. And there you are, little scout. Stealing for the commander, aren't you?

- I... it's just natural curiosity, sir. You must understand that young girls like me can be promiscuous.

Y/N played with them as best she could. Years of life in the palace taught her a couple of phrases. But the royal guards knew perfectly well who she was and what she was doing here. They began to slowly approach the girl.

- Eh, Y/N, what a pity... Such a beautiful, smart girl, and chose the Survey corps. What a pity it'll be to see your neck break on the chopping block.

- «We'll see about that», Y/N said with confidence in her voice and sharply pulled out a knife, directing the blade towards the guards.

- «Ahaha, what can you do with that toothpick against the two of us», said one of the guards, also pulling out their sheath blade, which was twice the size of Y/N's knife.

They began to circle the table on both sides, blocking Y/N's escape route. There was a malicious smirk on their faces. Y/N quickly assessed the situation. «He's right, my chances against two are low, but if I do it right, if I let them think that they've already won, then...»

The guards came almost close to Y/N, as she decided the only remaining step - she jumped onto the table and headed towards the door, but the guards grabbed her by the hands and pressed her to the stone floor with all their strength. She hit her head hard, causing everything to blur in her eyes for a moment. The knife fell from her hand.

- Did you really think it would work? I thought you were smart, but you're just...

Before he could finish his sentence, Y/N jerked as hard as she could to kick the table, causing it to almost flip over. This threw the guards into confusion, and they both loosened their grip for a moment, giving Y/N time. She grabbed the arm of the guard holding her to her right and twisted it with all her might. Knowledge of medicine and the structure of the body helped her in this: she knew perfectly well what to do - how to create unbearable pain with minimal effort. She twisted his right arm.

- AA, MOTHERFU...

He pulled away from her, holding on to his arm. His comrade wasted no time pressing his blade against her throat.

- «What are you thinking?» the guard said to her. «Hey, how are you? What did she do?» he turned to his colleague.

- She twisted my arm, little bastard. Damn, it hurts as fuck, everything is...

Y/N twitched again, risking her neck, but she succeeded. The guard whose arm she twisted didn't draw his blade earlier, allowing Y/N to grab it. She yanked the blade sharply from its scabbard, and without thinking, plunged it into the second guard, who was still pinning her to the floor. However, it cost her blood - as she moved, the blade pressed against her neck bled her. It hurt, but not critical.