Chapter 67 - Rethinking

It was raining heavily

It was raining heavily. Y/N walked towards the exit from the graveyard. Armin walked a little behind her. After the conversation that took place between them, Y/N didn't know what to do, what to say. After shaking his hand, she gently released it, and turned and walked towards the exit. Armin didn't try to resume the conversation again and obediently walked behind.

Y/N felt bad. All her clothes were soaked, her hair stuck to her face, and everything inside was twisted. She felt sick. All she wanted was to get home. Having reached the exit, she resolutely headed towards her home.

- Y/N, wait. Can I walk you home?

Armin grabbed her hand gently, stopping her. Y/N didn't dare to look into his eyes.

- No, I'll go myself. Bye.

And without saying another word, she accelerated and headed home.

Armin stood and watched her go. He didn't know what would happen next, but his soul became a little easier. Now she knew about his feelings. About his mistake. And he only hoped that she could forgive him, that they would become friends again. He didn't want to hope for more, but this was his deepest desire. To be with her. He respected her decision, he understood that everything was different for her. They both went through a lot that changed them. They were no longer Y/N and Armin who used to be friends. He only hoped that there would be a place in her life for him.

***

Upon entering the house, Y/N kicked off her dirty shoes and immediately went to the bathroom. She was sick all the way, and, going into the bathroom, she immediately went to cleanse her stomach. She felt bad.

Having sank down on the cold stone floor, wiping her mouth with a towel, she sat and looked at one point, wet to the skin. She was still dripping with rainwater. She was breathing heavily, as if suffocating. Everything in her life was turned upside down in an instant. She didn't know what to do. It was like she was being torn to pieces.

She thought. She could just let Armin into her life, be with him as she always dreamed of, but that would be the act of a girl in love, not an adult. She knew perfectly well what could be hidden in the depths of the soul of every person. Levi taught her that lesson. And she didn't want to regret her decision with Armin. Trying to get to know each other again was the best decision. But why was she in pain? She was so used to the feeling that he didn't need her that she got used to the feeling. She lived with this feeling for six years. She learned to live without him, and, she was ready to let him go, but...

- Why is everything like this... why did you come... why... I've already decided everything...

She began to cry, hiding her face in her hands. Cry bitterly. Her soul hurt, as did her body. She didn't want to decide. Leaving the grave of her father, she had already made a decision. She was confident in it, and now everything is broken. All her arguments crumbled to dust. Everyone was right, but she... was only waiting for confirmation, and when she received it, she lost confidence in herself.