Chapter 26 - Smell like lavender

Hange brought a lot of things: there were various devices, and old circuits, various boxes with something that looked like garbage. Hange's people and Y/N sorted out the things they brought until the very night. By evening, Y/N was very tired, as she carried weights all day. Understanding what's what decided tomorrow morning.

Working with Hange helped Y/N take her mind off her dream, but as soon as she went back to her room and lay down, her head was torn with anxiety again. She was afraid to fall asleep again and see all this. She lay staring at the ceiling.

- «Y/N, how are you? You didn't come to dinner...», Mikasa called out to her as she entered the room.

- Mikasa, hi. Yeah, I spent the whole day unloading the things Hange brought, that I even forgot about the time. And how was your day?

- «After Hange's return, they sent Eren to train to form an armored titan body. Armin and I also went with them - I watched everything go well, and Armin wrote everything down for Hange. Eren was very tired, he couldn't even walk back properly», Mikasa said with worry in her voice.

- His ability needs to be developed, then endurance will become stronger. But not without training. Even the human body without exercise loses its ability to resist physical stress. Everything will be fine, Mikasa, don't worry.

- Thanks for that, Y/N. Will you continue to train Eren, as it was before?

- I don't know, Hange is so passionate about finding things. Perhaps, they will take care of Eren themself, and dump the rest on me. In any case, we haven't really studied what we found in the caches of Lord Reiss, so, it's hard to say what we'll have in the near future. Tomorrow it'll become clear. At least I hope so...

The girls started getting ready for bed. The day was hard.

- Mikasa, are you dreaming?

They put out all the candles and climbed into their beds.

- Yes, sometimes it happens. But mostly I don't remember them. Or rather, I would like to, but I can't remember. And why? Are you dreaming about something?

- Yes, disturbing dreams. I dream of our comrades who are dying before my eyes. Dreaming of my father, who has been gone for a long time. I dream about how my loved ones leave me... After such dreams, I feel tired...

- There's too much going on, Y/N. Your mind is just trying to digest it all. Everything will pass with time. You know, when my parents were killed and I was kidnapped... After that, I also had nightmares. But, over time, I figured out my feelings and emotions after what happened, and the dreams went away...

- I hope you're right.

***

The next days were like madness. Hange was delighted with finds - there were various schemes of devices that they had never seen, especially this concerned military developments, but, since these were only schemes, it was quite problematic to do something with them. Also, they found a bunch of crystals glowing in the dark, like lanterns.

- «God, it's... it's like torches, they just don't burn out and...», Hange poked one of the crystals to Y/N and Levi, «it's amazing, magic»

Y/N stood with a neutral expression on her face, as she had already seen this, and Levi... was just himself. They looked at each other among themselves, as if showing solidarity about Hange's «crazy» delight.

- Y/N? Have you already seen this? Why aren't you excited?

- «Yes, when I stole secret plans, there were such «lanterns» in that room. And once in childhood, dad showed me such a crystal. He said that it was a rarity and it was a gift. For some time I played with it, and then it disappeared. These things», Y/N took one crystal in her hand, «they can come in handy. If you construct any... handles to hold them... you could use them as lights in the dark»