Chapter 79 - Final agreement

Two weeks passed. Everything went on as usual - everyone was immersed in work - each in their own. Y/N sometimes wondered what her life would be like, working from 9 to 5 five days a week. Theoretically, it sounded as unattractive as possible, but she loved her job. She rarely spent a full day at her workplace - there was a palace where she went to meetings, there was a construction of a power plant where she spent half a day every Tuesday and Thursday, and there were various military, technical and other various factories all over the island, on which she periodically had to appear. The engineering unit was still "getting on its feet" - this unit was new, there were not enough qualified workers - this was another thing that Y/N was actively involved in - mentoring engineers selected by her from the capital's academy and institutes, as well as several people from the Hizuru delegation expressed a desire to stay on Paradis. Y/N was very happy about this, as Hizuru's engineers were very gifted and talented. She dreamed of visiting their country to see this... technological paradise live. This is how she imagined their country.

It was Tuesday. At her lunch, Y/N went to Levi's office to discuss overseeing the supply of new generators to the construction site. After the explosion, both of them began to more actively control the situation in the Underground, finding the control of the military police insufficient. Also, in addition to the military police, the royal guards were involved in ensuring order and security in the Underground City. Damian didn't miss the chance to chat with Y/N, also choosing his shifts in the Underground City on Tuesday and Thursday. Maybe it would seem unnecessarily intrusive, but even Y/N didn't feel that way. In Damian's company, she was comfortable being there, because it was still dangerous there - theft, murder, violence... yes, everything got better, but not completely gone.

After discussing work matters, Y/N lingered for tea, as usual.

- How is your leg?

- All the same, compresses help, thank you.

- Are you sure everything is fine? Please, tell me if it suddenly bothers you a lot, okay?

- I know, calm down. And so every week you check me.

- I am your doctor and your friend. I'm genuinely worried about you, Levi. Who if not me. Or can you hire an assistant? They will go downstairs for you on minor issues and...

- Don't go on, I don't need anyone. I manage myself. And I can always ask one of my colleagues.

- But you never do that.

He looked at her displeasedly - Y/N looked displeasedly in response.

- Everyone has their own way of doing their job, Y/N. Just... calm down, if anything, I will tell you, don't worry.

- It's hard to not to worry. You sit silent here in loneliness...

- Okay, fine...

A minute later, the silence broke again.

- Y/N.

- Mm?

- I remember you said that after my injury, there would be no full recovery, but maybe... worsening of my condition?

- Yes, as I already said. Muscles have grown together incorrectly and...

- I'm not talking about the leg.

- What about then?

- Eye.

- And what happened to it? It seemed that everything was okay with it, yes, vision would no longer be perfect, but I offered glasses and...