Chapter 73 - Back to reality

Y/N woke up in Armin's warm embrace. He slept soundly, snoring softly. Y/N looked at his sleepy face, slightly parted mouth, tousled hair, which still looked perfect. Seeing the hickey on his collarbone, Y/N smiled at her work. She could spend a lot of time in his arms, but... it was time for her to go.

She spent several minutes slowly pulling herself out of his arms. She managed to get out of bed without waking Armin. With one last look at her sleeping boyfriend, Y/N headed to the bathroom. After washing up a little and changing clothes, she decided to borrow the shirt she slept in from Armin to cover the hickeys on her neck and chest. She wasnt opposed to this, but she understood that for some people this could be an occasion for discussion. She put on a shirt over her jumpsuit.

In the living room, Y/N found paper and a pen. She wrote Armin a little message which she left on the table in the hallway. The clock was 5:40 am. Friday.

After leaving his house, Y/N quickly headed home. She needed time to clean herself up before work. As she passed her favorite bakery, Y/N sighed as it was still closed. She was very hungry.

When she got home, she immediately went to the bathroom. While taking a shower, Y/N thought about work, about what she might have missed. She didnt assume anything terrible, since letters and messages from work werent waiting for her at home.

After shower, she made herself some tea and cookies. After a quick snack, but still hungry, Y/N started to dress. She camouflaged the hickeys on her neck, and loosened her already dried hair. Putting on a white blouse and her uniform, she headed to work. On the way, she stopped by a bakery that had just opened, bought herself hot sandwiches, cinnamon bagels for herself and Hitch, and a mug of hot, strong coffee to wake up. She breathed deeply as she walked down the street, enjoying the still damp air after the rain. Her thoughts kept returning to Armin and the time they spent together. A soft smile appeared on her face, full of happiness. She couldn't wait for their next date. She enjoyed spending time with him, he treated her so carefully, cherishing her as something priceless. She cherished what was between them. She dreamed of how they would build their lives together. Yes, she dreamed of spending her life with him. How they will walk together, how they will cook together, eat together, how they will spend evenings together, reading books to each other, discussing everything in the world, how they will love each other... Y/N wanted to be on the coast with him,,, Armin and ocean... two complementary...

There was practically no one at the headquarters. The time was 8:10 am. Y/N thought that Hitch would come much later, which was basically expected. As she approached her office, she ran into Levi, who had an expression of displeasure and annoyance on his face.

- Levi, hi, do you want something?

- Are you serious now?

- Um, what's the annoyance for?

- Where were you yesterday?

- Why are you interested?

- ...

- Listen, if you're in a bad mood, dont pour out your discontent in my direction.

Levi's gaze softened.

- You really don't understand? Hitch didn't tell you?

- Yeah... now I'm worried. What happened?

- Let's go to the office. I'll tell you everything.

They headed for the building of the Survey corps. Following Levi, Y/N could clearly see from him that something had happened yesterday. She began to worry and reproach herself for putting her desires ahead of her duties. They went into his office, Y/N sat down on one of the chairs, and Levi sat across at his desk. Y/N took sandwiches out of the bag and began to eat - either from hunger or from nerves.