Chapter 86 - Revelation

She walked around the headquarters, trying to figure out what she had just seen. Are her two friends... secretly sleeping with each other? Or is that something... serious? From what she saw and heard, she couldn't understand it. She couldn't figure out what to do with this information?

There were a lot of thoughts in her head. Y/N was her boss, she didn't like talking about her personal life, she lived in secret, not even telling her close friends anything. She always behaved professionally, she was smart, strict, influential... She was the commander of the engineering unit... And she was in a relationship with another commander? Or not? Armin also always took his work seriously, had a very positive reputation, and... no one knew about his personal life either, but everyone knew Armin, and... his personal life wasn't particularly interesting to anyone. And then there was Annie... her friend, who shared her feelings for Armin to Hitch. And... and Y/N was her close friend... Her inner curiosity yearned to know the truth. Hitch tried to build a logical chain of possibilities in her head.

Hitch reminisced about everything that could potentially connect Armin and Y/N... She remembered that when she first met Y/N and Armin, she had no idea that they were talking at all. She knew that they both worked in the Survey Corps, but... in her memory, they never even spoke to each other. Then, there was this whole war... then Y/N came back to Paradis, she talked about all the guys, never talking specifically about Armin... When everyone else came back, Hitch also didn't notice that they had any kind of communication... And, only after some time, when they were getting together with all their friendly company, Armin and Y/N could talk, but... Hitch wouldn't say that their relationship was close in any way. At work, all their communication was purely professional... except for today's incident. She couldn't remember anything that could connect them... But then...

- How long has this been going on?

She remembered one day. She then liked how Y/N's hair smelled... something light, fresh, with hints of roses... And then... on the same day she took the letter to Armin... and then she couldn't understand the feeling of deja vu that she experienced after this meeting. But now she understood. He also smelled of something light, fresh, with hints of roses...

Arriving at her workplace, she sank into a chair, still wandering in her thoughts. Her gaze fell on the bundle of documents she promised to take for Y/N. She sighed, and taking the papers, she went to do her work.

***

On Thursday, Hitch watched Y/N, trying to figure something out, but... it was Y/N, nothing could be understood from her. When she was at work - Y/N behaved professionally, "turning off" all friendly relationships. She showed no emotion associated with anything other than work.

Y/N only ran to work for a short time in the morning, and then immediately went to the construction site downstairs, saying that she would return after lunch. Hitch was engaged in the preparation of documents, went to the shops and laboratories, finding out how the workers were doing. Brought the letters. Entering the Survey corps, she chatted with Ana, casually asking if Armin was there. She was only interested because of yesterday. She thought for a second that maybe Y/N had lied and was spending time with Armin again. She saw hints everywhere that weren't there. All this "mystery" tormented her.

- Hitch, hi.

She returned to reality from her head.

- Oh, Annie. Hi how are you?

- All is well, I suppose. You're kind of confused today.

- It's all... work. Yes, it's work. Everything is fine.

- Okay. Are you free now? Shall we go to lunch together?

- Oh, yes, come on, I just have time. Y/N will return only after lunch, or maybe even later...