Ch. 54 - Winter Mountains' Hero (1)

Magsimula sa umpisa

“It… It’s done!”

Iron smiled brightly when he saw that the dimensional crack had been stopped. However, that wasn’t the end of it all.

Crack, crack, crack, crack!

―Ppiyooooo!

The cave’s ceiling shook while cracks began to appear on the walls. It seemed like the cave was about to collapse.

Seeing this, the phoenix began to melt the black chain that tied it down with its flames. Only then did Iron realize that it was not only the dark elves that threatened the phoenix.

“Go! I can endure it!”

Knowing what it felt, Iron gritted his teeth. He looked like he would collapse right away but he endured as much as he could to give the phoenix the entire 20 minutes to vent its fury and unleash its powers on its enemies. He endured to the point that his gums and lips bled just so he could help the phoenix take its revenge.

The phoenix nodded its head in gratitude before breaking out of the cave and flying into the air.

Iron was only barely able to clutch onto his senses as he watched the phoenix break through the cave with its flames.

“Keuk!”

He looked up at the open ceiling as pain wracked his entire being. It seemed like the pain was telling him that his mana had long been depleted.

After a while, he saw the phoenix fighting against some black dragons that were wrapped in the same black chains that bound the phoenix earlier. Their fight was so violent that almost half of the mountain had already collapsed.

“It’s not a real black dragon.”

Iron had seen a black dragon from a distance back in his previous life. Just comparing their sizes was enough for him to judge that they weren’t legitimate black dragons.

“Half-dragons?”

Iron mumbled to himself as he stared at the half-dragons.

Even though they were only half-dragons, their power was still overwhelming. They could easily overpower dozens of knights and wizards altogether. However, despite the existence of the four half-dragons, the wrathful phoenix couldn’t be stopped. It easily overwhelmed the half-dragons as it breathed out flames. No matter how strong the half-dragons were they still wouldn’t be able to overcome a single wrathful phantom species.

“Amazing.”

It was as if the phoenix was showing off the reason why it was a creature categorized under the phantom species. Phantom species were beings that exerted an overwhelming strength and dignity that exceeded any master’s level. And the phoenix was this kind of creature.

For the first time, he saw and felt how powerful masters were here in the Winter Mountains. He even witnessed how strong a phantom species was.

“Is the power of the Leonhardt family head also at this level?”

He knew that the family head was a master that was already approaching the grand master level. He was a monster that could divide the Empire with his godly sword.

Seeing the phoenix’s show of strength, he thought that perhaps the Leonhardt family head was also at this level.

While Iron was busy watching the fight with those small thoughts running through his head, he felt something approaching him.

When he turned to look, he saw that the dark elves that had been thrown back earlier were now gathering together once more. Seeing this scene, Iron prepared himself for his eventual death.