Ch. 57 - Winter Mountains' Hero (4)

If you read this, where are you from?

█████████████

Iron grabbed his head for a long time as he regretted his impulsive decision. He couldn’t help but blame his hot-headedness for making a bet with the Lion Family Head, Lioner.

When Lioner left his room, Iron saw that his eyes were filled with the determination to take him away. Iron did not know the exact reason why his determination was that high but he could take a gander that it was because he provoked him completely.

After Lioner’s visit, Iron had solely focused his attention on his body’s recovery.

The first thing that he needed to do was to resolve the dimensional crack. He hoped that his words could be proven quickly since they needed to move quickly. After all, the best treatment for a rotting flesh wound was cutting it off as soon as possible. They needed to stop the dimensional crack to make sure that the dimensional gate would not get strengthened even further by the contaminated mana that the crack continuously let out. So, they had to explode the crack as soon as possible.

The difference between a gate being fixed and strengthened on the spot was not that huge. But once the gate was fixed in place, the passage that connected the contaminated space and this world via the forcibly created dimensional crack would be maintained and strengthened. If this happened, then more powerful monsters would be able to pass through the gate and wreak havoc in this world.

Iron kept on thinking about the situation of the dimensional crack while he worked on building his body up. He knew that the situation would get more dangerous the longer they decided on the action that they should take. And one day while he was warming up…

“It’s been a while.”

“Loyalty.”

“I heard that the medics had discharged you. Have you recovered well?”

Iron smiled and showed Crimson his warm up exercises to prove that he’s all well.

“I have no problem with moving.”

“Good. Then we should go right away. We have to meet someone.”

Hearing Crimson’s orders, Iron immediately changed his clothes. There was nothing that he needed to pack so he just wore his cleanly washed and ironed military uniform as he followed behind Crimson.

“This is Wizard Tower’s Mailte Preston. This is Lieutenant Iron Carter, the one who suggested the method.”

“Nice to meet you. I’m Mailte Preston. I may not be good enough but I’m an elder from the Wizard Tower.”

“Lieutenant Iron Carter. It’s an honor to meet you.”

Iron grabbed Mailte Preston’s hands sincerely.

He felt extremely honored to meet Mailte Preston. After all, this was the person who made the basic theory that he had proposed before. He couldn’t believe that he would meet with this person directly.

‘I didn’t know that Mailte Preston would come himself…’

Mailte Preston, the person hailed as the next owner of the North Wizard Tower with his extensive knowledge and skills, unexpectedly came here to see him.

Being named as the tower’s successor meant that they had a lot of work to do. In addition, just like any other wizard, he was a person who rarely cared about the outside world. He was someone who only wanted to devote his everything in the development of his research and skills. So it was extremely surprising and unexpected that he would take time out of his schedule to come and meet him personally.