Ch. 50 - Turning the Winter Mountains into a Mess (3)

█████████████

█████████████

“Outpost leader?”

Iron smiled when he saw how dumbfounded Charles was.

“Corporal Charles, stay here and wait for the arrival of the vice outpost leader. And when the company commander comes, make sure to report the things that I have said earlier.”

“Where will you be going, outpost leader?”

Iron nodded subtly at Charles’ question.

“I have to do another mission.”

“Are you saying that you will be doing it alone?”

“That’s right.”

Iron did not mind Charles’ incredulous look as he started packing immediately.

“Give the troops a break and don’t move from here. Got it?”

“Outpost leader! Please take some corporals with you!”

“They will only get in my way. Besides, you need all of the corporals with you to manage and help the injured.”

Iron glanced at the injured soldiers while he continued to pack. They had suffered tremendously as they followed him. He dared not bring them along especially when he knew how dangerous the areas that lay ahead were.

Charles also looked at the soldiers. He could see that all of them suffered from exhaustion and injuries from the battles that they continuously fought. Their situation was so dangerous that they would not be able to prepare for an emergency if just one corporal went out of commission. Charles also couldn’t refute Iron’s words. After witnessing his strength, he was fully aware that all of them would truly just get in his way.

‘The 4th Stage…’

Iron’s mana sword might look weak on the outside but it was a sword that could easily cut through a goblin’s ice sword and a giant white bear’s thick skin in just one strike.

At first they strongly insisted that he was still at the 3rd Stage but when he saw him slicing through the ice troll’s thick neck, they were forced to admit that his power was already beyond that level His proficiency in handling mana was also leagues beyond theirs. Even if he wanted to insist that he brought someone with him, he was forced to admit that he and the rest of the corporals were just a thorn in his way. How could they help if they weren’t anywhere near his level? This was also the reason why the knights and the rangers preferred to move by themselves.

“Hoo… I understand. Please take care of yourself.”

“Alright. Our mission is now over so don’t be reckless and make sure to wait here. Do you understand?”

“ Yes, sir!”

Iron nodded his head when he saw Charles giving him an answer straight away. He also gave him additional orders like an overly worried mother hen.